Halloween Forum banner

Graveyard Skulls-I can't get my shipment from them!

8223 Views 22 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  HalloweenBob
RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received my shipment. Please read the last post for the solution.

August 21, placed an order for a single un-assembled Lindsey skull from the Graveyard Skulls website. (original design, not the new style)

Order was paid with PayPal on that date.

The website did say that it would take 2-3 weeks to ship the order and that was reasonable.

On the September 16, I sent an email as I had not received the skull or even a tracking number and received an almost immediate response from Joel via email that 'your order was shipped, let me find the tracking number'.

Everything was fine up until this point. I understand we all get busy this time of year and that late August may have been a little late in the season to order, but this was for an UN-Assembled kit, just in the box.

Unfortunately, the emails from GYS continued to promise that it had been shipped and 'I will get you a shipping number in a couple of hours'.

on Septemrber 30 the email thread was below...

"Trent,
You should have it by Wednesday the latest. I will pull the receipt and get the tracking number pulled that way. Because of the time; I went ahead and assembled it for you and did the alignment. After Halloween, I will mail you out another unassembled so you can assemble that one – no charge.

Joel Briggs

Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 6:28 AM
To: Support Graveyardskulls
Subject: RE: Email From Graveyard Skulls Email Form

Joel,

Do you have a tracking number, or an approximate date I can expect to receive it?

Trent

Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:23 AM
To: Trent

I shipped it out Saturday. Sorry for not responding back.

Joel Briggs"
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Frustrated with GraveYard Skulls

At this point, I thought that this was great customer service and was more than happy with the proposed solution.

However, still no skull. Every 2-3 days I send an email looking for a tracking number, and get a varied responses such as:

"I ordered it shipped ASAP last Thursday, or I missed it and it is still on my test shelf"

The email that 'forced' me to post on here to see if anyone has any ideas on how to get my product, was from last night after one of my every 2-3 day emails.

The thread is below:

Trent,
I know what is going on; we cannot find the payment. Can you please provide us with how you pay and the transaction number. Your order is here and ready to go. I can ship it out overnight. I've emailed you twice about this.

Joel Briggs

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 8:27 PM
To: Support Graveyardskulls

Joel,

Still no skull or tracking number.

Trent

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 10:09 AM
To: Trent

Trent,
I apologize for the confusion. I am trying to get all the orders out.
Because I built yours and did the work, the ticket was closed out and entered into the system. When I looked up your record in the system, it showed it closed. This is where I was under the impression it shipped.
Tuesday of this week I notice yours was still on the testing rack. I
thought nothing of it until your email. I asked it be shipped asap and it
was packaged up Thursday and shipped then. I will be back in the shop around 1PM today and will get the tracking number to you then.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Joel Briggs

I understand mistakes, getting busy, forgetting things, etc., but to throw this out 7 weeks after the order was placed and 4 weeks after promising that 'it has been shipped' is ridiculous.

How many believe I will get the 'Unassembled' second one after Halloween?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE!

I received the skulls today as promised by Joel. THANK YOU!

After calls and emails from Bob and Joel at Graveyard skulls, I believe a couple of things happened.

#1. GraveYard Skulls was way more popular and busy than they were geared up for or expected for the first season. The overwhelming response is obviously due to a good product.

#2. Due to someone stealing skulls earlier in the year by using invalid PayPal transaction number, a process that was put in place to cover losses actually snared my order by mistake.
(my wife had ordered and paid for our order as a birthday present and the the PayPal Ids didnt match)

#3. I don't believe I over-acted in this matter as I didnt even make initial contact for an order update until almost 4 weeks after the order was placed. I was happy to keep my problem off the forum until the end of the 6th week when my transaction was questioned. In my mind, if there was a problem with the transaction, I shouldn't have been informed that the order had been shipped.

#4. I believe Bob and Joel have explained their side of the situation and as of today my order was delivered to my satisfaction.

Bob told me that he is working on new processes and procedures for the next season to try to better serve their existing and new customers, and I believe him.

I was impressed before I bought with the product and look forward to using it.

Happy Halloween!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unfortunately....

Welcome to the club.

I can understand missed deadlines, and screw-ups as we are all human.

What really bothers me are the promises of "I'll send you something to make up for our mistake" that never happen.

I have been waiting 13 months for my promised skull to 'make up for my shipment from 2009.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.