Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us make our own tombstones. I thought it would be fun to share really cool websites or photos we have found that have real live actual tombstones, mausoleums, grave markers of any kind. Pictures that can give us inspiration, motivation, information. Unique markers would be the most interesting. We can see the different styles, sizes, colors, adornments, epitaphs, wear and age markings, etc.

Please do not post links or pictures of homemade halloween tombstones. I would like to see real cemeteries and markers.

Here's one I found with cemeteries from all over the U.S. (and france)
Graveyards and Gravestones

Several of them have some really interesting markers. But you have to be patient to go thru them all.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I like that Idea, of course you know when you make a post like this, you're going to get someone like me who'll just post a bunch of links:D
These are some of my favorites:
Keebas tombstones
Movie quality tombstone props for your Halloween cemetery and graveyard display. - MostlyDead.com
Halloween Online Magazine - The Official Magazine of Halloween - Costumes
Haunters Hangout Celtic Cross
cryptopropoligytomstonepage

There was one more site about making an obelisk, but AOL shut down its Hometown site where it was posted, so it's gone now:mad:

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks partsman, but I wish you would have read the original post all the way thru. I asked for everyone NOT to post links and pictures to HOMEMADE tombstones. this is a post for links to actual cemeteries around the world showing real grave markers that we can use as models. But I sure appreciate your enthusiasm, and those are some great links for how tos.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Another member (niteowl) and I have visited real graveyards for unique, old and diffrent tombstone ideas. I love walking through an old cemetary. Once we start taking pictures I'll post them currentley we do grave rubbings which is good because you can use the font styles and such. Partsmen- your links are awesome!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I love old cemeteries, too, Just Whisper. An old cemetery in Placerville, Idaho, about 2 hours out of Boise, has this plaque of a triple murder that took place in 1865. The second pic is of a monument where children were laid to rest which happened alot in remote areas where there were no doctors and many unknown diseases. An interesting angel watches over one grave and one pic of tombstones with cement surrounding the grave on the ground.

Our friend, Steve, owns property that backs up to the cemetery, I'm soooo jealous! Pictures courtesy of my husband who gold mines near Placerville.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On of my favorite statues is 'grief' by St Gaudens, interesting story behind it .
http://www.prairieghosts.com/druidridge.htm
Another interesting in a weird way is Falco's
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi.bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=3156
Annea, I also cannot access your links. I'd love to see them, though. Hope you can find them.

Skulkin, those are really interesting markers. I love the story about the fiddlers. How neat that they put the whole story on the marker. And the angel child is so precious. Thanks for adding.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Alright peeps! Here's a couple links to my 2 Facebook albums of cemetery images. Only 2 cemeteries so far but both very interesting and both are two of the most historical in British Columbia.

Wells Barkerville Cemetery, Barkerville, BC
Darren Sutherland's Photos - Wells Barkerville Cemetery | Facebook

Fort Langley Cemetery, Fort Langley, BC
Darren Sutherland's Photos - Fort Langley Cemetery | Facebook

Let me know if there's any problems with the links and I'll repost the pics in the forum "Albums" section instead!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks partsman, but I wish you would have read the original post all the way thru. I asked for everyone NOT to post links and pictures to HOMEMADE tombstones. this is a post for links to actual cemeteries around the world showing real grave markers that we can use as models. But I sure appreciate your enthusiasm, and those are some great links for how tos.
Sorry about that, I get a little over enthusiastic about tombstones sometimes and get a little ahead of myself...:D

I'll try this again...a site that I use for some of my own inspiration from REAL cemetaries:
Cemetery Photos

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the spirit partsman...even though otaku beat you to that one LOL. But it is indeed an awesome site. I have hardly put a dent in it. I have not been able to go through all of mine either. I think when I am done I will just highlight some of the really interesting ones. I hated to edit it, because what is dull to me might interest someone else. These are really great cemetery photos. Keep them coming. And partsman....please keep being over enthusiastic. I'd rather have too much info and double posts than none at all.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Your links don't seem to be working properly? Can you check those addresses?
Sorry ! Links should be working now :)
Love the look of the Italian cemeteries, I should be painting the bathroom and here I am looking at all the links!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Another excellent site was the U.K. Graves Index, but it has been recently taken down. If anyone can locate archived pages of that site, it is an amazing reference for very old cemeteries all over the U.K.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts