101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi All,

I built the Cemetery Fence on which this thread was started, using the first listed tutorial. Does anyone know a way of weather-proofing the fence? I intend to leave it out for a few days, and I just want to protect it.

Thanks in advance.

BCR

·
Registered
354 Posts
MokkNoir, is there any chance you could reinsert your pictures for this tutorial? None of them seem to be showing up. Or is everyone else able to see them and it's just a problem I'm having with viewing them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I started getting the parts for my new fence which will include eight 7' sections for the main fence and two 5' sections for the gate. I will be using 6" center-to-center spacing. I just bought 150 plastic finials and a 7/8" twist bit to round out the finials (need to go from .75" square to .85" circle) and a 7/8" forstner bit for the fence sections. I have no idea where I'm going to store these but can't wait to see them up in the yard - it will look great! Thanks for original post (~6 year ago!).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Noticed that others posted photos of their picket fences so I thought I'd drop mine in here. We did the same cheap roll of fence material from Lowes. I randomly took out a few pickets here and there and then put some back crooked. We then just did a dry brush treatment on them with black paint starting from the top down. To hold them up I bought some 2' sections of rebar and just strategically drive that into the ground at angles in front of and behind the pickets.
I've got about 65' worth and it rolls up into a few small bundles. It is a space saver in the garage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where did you get those LED lights you use on your tombstones?
Those are actually just standard blue floodlight bulbs I bought from Lowes. I've been using the same ones for 6 years now. Sooner or later they'll go out and I'll have to replace with new LEDs I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually got little led flashlights at the dollar store, a lot of them. I then attached green lenses I made to them. We also use floods for overall lighting.

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 173009
This is a section of the fence i am making. I have 4 done right now but need to make at least 6 more. The fencing is spaced 8 inches apart. Here is half of the gate i am working on as well. I am painting it right now. Once done the gate will hang from a set of pillars and actually work.

View attachment 173010

For me the prices broke down like this (for the fence)
3 pieces of 1"x2"x8' @ $0.75/each
11 Pieces of 5' pipe @ $1.50/each
A Box of wood screws (2lb box for $6.49)
12 Fence finials from Kings Metals (plastic) @ $0.24 each (I buy 100 at a time)
Total Cost PER section: ABOUT $9.63 not counting the price of screws.
How are you making the working sections of fence tie in to pillars?

101 - 118 of 118 Posts