Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know Terra uses that wooden fencing from Lowe's that rolls up. I think the fence pieces are about two feet tall and connected by wire. If you look at pics of her awesome cemetery, you'll see it.
I tried to find a pic of it on the Lowe's web site, but couldn't find it.
That's what I started using a couple years ago and it's awesome! The slats on the end of the rolls slide out of the wire easily, but you can fix that with a few staples. After set-up I walked around with some watered-down black exterior paint, slapped it on with a paintbrush-on-a-stick, and hit it lightly with the hose. Instant weathering!

fence.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious, for those who have tried this fence. Would finials with a 1" base work better vs. the 3/4" where you have to heat the ends? Or would they be too loose or look awkward?

·
Evil Wizard
2,143 Posts
I know Terra uses that wooden fencing from Lowe's that rolls up. I think the fence pieces are about two feet tall and connected by wire. If you look at pics of her awesome cemetery, you'll see it.
I tried to find a pic of it on the Lowe's web site, but couldn't find it.
That's what I started using a couple years ago and it's awesome! The slats on the end of the rolls slide out of the wire easily, but you can fix that with a few staples. After set-up I walked around with some watered-down black exterior paint, slapped it on with a paintbrush-on-a-stick, and hit it lightly with the hose. Instant weathering!

View attachment 121201
This is what I'm planning to use for this year. I too had noticed that it doesn't seem to be listed on the Lowes website anymore, but stopped at the local store last week. Still have a good quantity of these rolls on the shelf.

·
Registered
238 Posts
IMG_0348.jpg
This is a section of the fence i am making. I have 4 done right now but need to make at least 6 more. The fencing is spaced 8 inches apart. Here is half of the gate i am working on as well. I am painting it right now. Once done the gate will hang from a set of pillars and actually work.

IMG_0346.jpg

For me the prices broke down like this (for the fence)
3 pieces of 1"x2"x8' @ $0.75/each
11 Pieces of 5' pipe @ $1.50/each
A Box of wood screws (2lb box for $6.49)
12 Fence finials from Kings Metals (plastic) @ $0.24 each (I buy 100 at a time)
Total Cost PER section: ABOUT $9.63 not counting the price of screws.

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
I'd leave it. It looks perfect the way it is. It looks weathered and worn.

I got a bunch of dirty old pallets for my fence. Would you guys paint it or leave it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am so glad we are not the only crazy people! Storage is the hardest part of these big fences, but so worth it to keep the kiddies from romping through the graveyard!

image.jpg image.jpg

It's also nice to be able to close the gate, not that it would stop someone really wanting to get in, but it helps.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts