Halloween Forum banner

Graveyard Fence

Static: 
5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  crazy xmas 
#1 ·
Last year I made a few tombstones for a graveyard setup in my front yard, this year I'm building a fence around it so it looks a little more put together.. Here are a few pics

I was going to do 4ft sections at first...

then I decided to make it into 8 ft sections

here it is "standing"

storgage for now...

ive only got that 8ft section done...still have about 90ft left!:p

See less See more
#9 ·
ahighto- haha yea that would of been nice, its taken me a couple of weeks to get around 8 or 9

jamesthegeek- i used 1x2's that i got at home depot in the "cull" bin. I got each 4ft 1x2 for 51 cents a piece. For putting them in the ground i cut about a 2 inch piece of 1/2 inch pvc and screwed it to the bottom of the panel every 2 feet, then hammered rebar in the ground and just slid the pvc over it... Seems pretty sturdy, ill have to see how it stands up to the wind and other neighborhood shenanigans

#11 ·
So I've been working on my fence some more and I decided to add more slats to make it a little more finished looking, but I need some of your guys help..I want to put columns up also but I cant decide what size to make them.. I have made this one but I think it looks a little to wide, what do you guys think?

#18 ·
I've posted this before in other threads but it's always worth repeating.
Home Depot (and I assume Lowe's as well) have fence boards that are split/cracked that others don't want for fences... so they simply throw them away. You can talk to the manager of that department and get those boards for a substantially discounted price.
After all... you're looking for damaged/cracked/split/dilapidated boards if you're building Halloween decorations anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.