Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about getting one of the children PVC kits from Spiderhill and then a childrens black hooded cape, foam head, and then a plague doctor mask to put over the foam head....then putting it in the graveyard.

Was curious what others thought about spookability rating of that might be? It's based on a prop I saw at pumpkinrot's website.

2005_18.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I'm not good at doing things from scratch - building stuff. I seriously envy all of you on here that are so talented at making stuff out of inexpensive materials. Maybe a few years down the road I'll have more confidence and experience to do that. Anyway - so, I wanted to make a couple of little "creatures" kind of a take off from the picture I included in the initial post which I saw on pumpkinrot's website. I bought a couple of doctor plague masks and then a couple of childrens sized robes with cowls. I'll make the bodies out of pvc frames and flesh it out like others have suggested. And, I think I'll dye the robes/cowls grey to age them. Do a cauldron with the cold burning coal technique from this site and I think I'll be good. Here is a quick picture of a head...inside of it is just a paper mached balloon. I used flour/water on my first mache but think I'll switch to glue/water because the flour kind of flakes a little. Any suggestions/tips/advice anyone might want to offer?

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks great to me. The eyes inspired me. I have some clear plastic sheet about .01" that will work nicely for eyes, I have a bunch of leather scraps too...I know what I am doing tonight!

Thanks for the inspiration!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts