Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my first massager -gravegrabber, and this is a little test video of his movements with the motor going forward and reverse, as well as having his head and hands repositioned. I added some sound and a few effects to keep it interesting, so enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The skull is a foam skull from walgreens, I covered it in latex and tissue and rubbed away the skin in areas to get the rotting effect. the exposed teeth were resculpted with apoxie sculpt because the teeth are really detail-less on those skulls.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also did a unofficial picture "how- to" on how to make the movement better by removing those big, hard angled springs with something a little more user friendly. Please excuse the comments, alcohol was involved while editing...

In a nutshell what your doing is removing the hard spring with the hard angle and replacing it with a softer tube on a softer angle. The original setup rotated the springs mirror image to each other, this set up you can make it any way you want. (think singing skulls that can now "dance" in sync. )

·
Registered
622 Posts
That's awsome! I love it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I, too, just bought a massager to make this prop. With all of us doing this prop, I can just imagine the newspaper headlines:

"Thrift Store's See Rise In Sales Of Massagers: Stress Relief Or Something More Sinister?"

"Used Massagers - More Than Meets The Eye?"

"F.B.I. Investigating Sudden Sales Increase Of Thrift Store Massagers"
:eek::D

Looking good everyone!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I, too, just bought a massager to make this prop. With all of us doing this prop, I can just imagine the newspaper headlines:

"Thrift Store's See Rise In Sales Of Massagers: Stress Relief Or Something More Sinister?"

"Used Massagers - More Than Meets The Eye?"

"F.B.I. Investigating Sudden Sales Increase Of Thrift Store Massagers"
:eek::D

Looking good everyone!
Ha ha thats funny because its so true- I have several, and will buy them any time I see them at a thrift store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts