Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the post "Monster Mud Grim Reaper" from jimmyzdc I stole every idea from him and then tweaked it just bit, and I have to say his post and the step by step process was awesome and extremely helpful! My grim reaper is just under 8' feet tall , I was originally going to have the hood empty and just paint it black but when I was doing the monster mud it was heavy and started to sag down so my daughter grab extra skull laying around and we added it to the prop to keep his head up and now its permanent. If I want to go with the all blacked out shadow look I have a piece of burlap that I monster mudded and painted flat black to use as a cover for the skull and painted it black, so now have the option of skull in hood or just the dark black shadow. Final step was too weatherproof with couple coats of dry-lock. Won't go into all the details but the steps were fairly easy, the MM was the most challenging due to the weight. I would agree that laying out the burlap on sheet of plywood was much more user friendly and when I make the next prop will use that technique. Will run a Chauvet 1301 with chiller behind it and that should cover the grave yard with skeletons and tombstones as well as the grim reaper overlooking his play ground. Appreciate all the post with ideas and suggestions - this site is too cool.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts