Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this back in 2008. Little late getting it up on Forum but here goes. I made simple 3 sided boxes out of shelving board. I dont suggest it because its very heavy and expensive. I then covered them with foam insulation, carved then painted. I have used them for 5 years and have had very little problems other than the occasional nick and scratch. Last year I put some more antiquing on them to cover up the areas of blue that was beginning to show thru.

The "Cemetery" arch was cut from 2 pieces of plywood and put together with spacers to give it some dimension. It is set down into the top of the columns for support. For safety, I screw them into the back of the shelving board. The columns have holes down the middle of the inner supports that slip over poles I drive into my yard. I have found this to be very stable over the years. The fencing is just some old pine boards that I cut down and glued and stapled back together. The center Fler De Lis details were cut from plywood and used to give the fencing some diagonal strength.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts