Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grave Watcher
Ever have that feeling that someone is watching you?
Well you’re probably right. This 3 foot Grave Watcher always has her eyes out for those who dwell in the graveyard late at night.

Her head moves as she whispers to those that trespass on her turf.

Coming to Spirit Halloween this season for $69.99

·
Spooky Express
680 Posts
Yeah, I agree the price is pretty high for the size. I will need to see a video of it before I consider buying it.

·
Wee bit Wicked
2,143 Posts
I don't recall seeing anything like this before. (Maybe I'm just not paying attention. :) )

I Like it. :) But, I think I would add something... maybe white hair... or a tear... She seems to be missing something.

Looking forward to the video so I can hear the 'whispering'.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I think its an interesting looking prop and can work for a lot of different people. One thing that just keeps being posted about these props are that they are very expensive. I'm curious if anyone is even buying these props if they are so expensive. I buy the ones I want, when I have the money, and don't dwell on the cost. It seems like everyone just wants to say how everything is overpriced in every single thread regarding an animated prop. I too wish they were less expensive, but the fact is, they sell, so the price isn't going to be going down. Constantly pointing out that its overly expensive isn't helpful.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is the first Spirit thing I've seen posted that I really like. The soundtrack is going to make or break this item IMO. If the head movement looks good and the whispering is done right, this could be really creepy. That said, I agree with the comments on the price. This looks like a perfect item to target for the 50% post-Halloween sale.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, this is the first prop I have seen Spirit sell the past two seasons that actually catches my eye enough to buy it. I'll be waiting for the usual coupon promos and then I'll be picking this one up. 3 feet is pretty small, but I think this would look fantastic next to the right kind of tombstone.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Creepy lil bugger, but i agree with most everyone here - she could be made for a lot less than $70
Creepycathy - would you go for a streaked white and darked head?
also i tested a "whispering" multi-channel soundtrack online a while back - can't remember the manufacture - that i think would be great for her. but it would jump her price a lot.
HM

·
Child of the Machine
748 Posts
I agree, $70 is so steep for something like this. That being said, I've seen many sellers who've made similar items like this at transworld and also mhc out of old christmas motionettes. In all honesty, it looks almost identical to something i've seen Demski Creations sell at one of their booths over the past years. This crosses the line of "inspiration" and flat out copying a design from another company. That's life, I suppose.

But on a lighter note, I hope the soundtrack is decent. It honestly will make or break the prop- like TheMonsterSquad has said. With one of those coupons that come out during the season, if it rings up to be around $40- that's a much more feasible price. It's definitely gonna sell well, imo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What manufacturer is She? I'm trying to find her manufacturer and Cementary Angeles manufacturer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts