Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expanded on the basic Grave Grabber by incorperating a self contained power source that is motion controled. Also has sound built in that runs on a CD player that is run on a loop setting so he calls for help and is attached to an amplified computer speaker.

The motor is from my girls old Barbie Jeep that is geared with good tourqe and run on 12 volt DC. The speed control was made from a varible speed drill. I can set it to run very slow to fast.

The 4 way outlet you see is also where I plugged in the strobe light in, but a spot light could also have been used.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need to add a photo of the thing it-self. You can see the motion detector standing in the fence. I have a 15 foot cord on it so I could put it any where. In fact it can be used for any prop because it is, it's own extention cord.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Now that is my kind of setup! Please explain the sound in more detail. If the motion sensor simply turns the power "on" then does the CD not take a moment to cue-up?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run the CD player with batteries so it is not depented on the line voltage for power. So the voice loop plays continously, it's the amplified speaker that turns on with the everything else. So I just turn it on set the mode to loop and with good batteries it can last all night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts