Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the first props I have finished for 2009. They're all for the expanded cemetery this year.

Grave Escape

HeadPoppers: I wanted some extra movement in the cemetery and these three fit the bill exactly. They were very easy to build. The tombstones are ones I bought from jdubbya (Thank you!).

And some new tombstones for our expanded cemetery this year.

and one before they were aged

Thanks for taking a look! and thanks to all the fantastic folks who make props and share their knowledge here! Now git ta buildin' slackers!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are great!!!

Did you build the "grave escape" yourself? I love it -- it's got so much movement. And the audio is nice, too.

Very cool props.
Thank you. I built the Grave escape patterned from the orignal shiatsu massager prop by Spooky Sam. There's a how-to somewhere on the web if I can find it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you all! Here is the link to the How-To from Spook Sam on the shiatsu massager Grave Escape prop.

Spooky Sam's Zombie Grave Escape

I must say it was the most challenging of the props. The part where he says the placement of the straps to limit the movement is mostly trial and error...well, it's mostly error and a whole lotta trial. My massager looks like swiss cheese it has so many holes in it. Suffice to say the every one will be different and you just have to keep adjusting them until you get the movement you want.

Thanks for the great comments!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Sweet props....I have 5 shiatsu massagers in the garage and a pile of pallet would...now I just need to build them. I really need to get sound figured out for my props as it adds so much to the effect.

Yesterday at the thrift store, I got one of these that I plan on using for my gravegrabber. The head is about the same size as the skull I was going to use. The arms are useless though

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Very nice work, congrats on a job very well done. Your cemetery will look all the creepier now. What hands did you use for the head bobber guys?

·
Registered
199 Posts
great work i'm impressed, and believe me it takes alot to impress me!
I can appreciate your grave grabber, but there was just something about the poppers. It is such a simple concept that it is just intriguing. The way you have the 3 side by side i wouldn't change a thing. Do you have pics of the mechanics.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Nice job, love the grave grabber. Building my own popper from the tutorial here in the prop builders group...have everything ready to go but it wont be built until mid-month as I have all my builds on a schedule (as much as I can keep to it).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts