Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Grave Digger
Spirit Halloween 2011

Head turns side to side, Mouth Moves, Eyes light up white, Arm Raises and points toward your path of doom, Lantern Lights up, Sinister Sayings. Includes AC/DC adapter. Tombstone is not included. $139.99

This prop is coming to Spirit Halloween in 2011. Great for an entrance.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Thanks Larry, for the pic! Seeing as how the (not included) tombstone is blocking the base; I have no way of being able to tell if this uses a rounded base, sturdy A frame, wimpy H-frame, or worse. By any chance did you get another stock image? Based on what I do see, I'm not too impressed with the odd choice of clothing!? Wait, is that a shirt? or just a scarf? Why did they pick something so close to the skin tone. It looks odd. Definitely a Tekky though!

On the plus side, It sounds like it does a heck of a lot for $140, so here's hoping Spirit's demo video does it justice.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Found another pic on Tekky Toys site!

Looks like it uses a rounded- weighted base. The only obvious difference between the two images is the color of the light inside the lantern. Spirits stock image of it's lantern uses those traditional blue-white LEDs. Tekky's stock image has it a more natural amber color (closer to a natural flame light) I know pictures differ from the final product, but as a personal preference, I really hope it uses the amber LED. Either way...It doesn't look too bad...and for $140! It certainly sounds impressive!

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. Hopefully we get to see more pictures of this. I have no others. I am guessing that once it goes live on the site that we shall see it.

I think that I really like it. I love the pointing function! The That is a shirt. The video that a saw does not show the bottom of the prop either. I think that the base has to be decent though in order to counter-balance the entire arm raising. The rest of the body did not move as the arm raised which implies to me that the base is at least ok. Curious about the feet.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Now that I look at...I remember seeing this figure on the Tekky site along with others, for an extremely brief period, before being taken down. I had forgotten all about it. I wish I had thought to take a snapshot. Tekky had tons of awesome prototype props that I would have loved for the forum to see. This being one of them. I'm glad it's being produced for 2011!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I saw the Grave digger too, I hope the Spirit Store has it when it come to our town or I have to resort to buying online, ooooooooh the teasing is killing me!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Of all the animated props I see coming out this year, this is the one I want. I agree about the face, but as you said this can altered. In a dimly lit enviroment the Grave Digger would look awesome

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Damo, I'm actually on your side. I generally find the majority of these props "rubbishly tacky," but for a store bought prop, this is MILES ahead of most of them.

It could do without the howling dog on the soundtrack, but the mouth, head & arm move & that's pretty advanced for a mass market, store bought prop. They're getting MUCH better with these things & it's one I might actually consider buying & I normally have no interest in these things, but only because I'm doing a graveyard this year, TORNADO-LIKE WINDS BE DAMNED!!!

I still wanna see it up close & personal in the store before I toss money at it. Sometimes that's the killer for me, it clacks or looks like it's built of 2 sticks & some plastic.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks decent enough and certainly can be modded a bit to better suit ones purpose(s); I for one hope that hand holding the lantern is positionable because it seems very unnatural in the photos/video!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts