Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I would like to create a walk through cemetery that is essentially a half circle with fencing on both sides of the walking path. Ideally I would like to have some pressure plates that animate/jump scare people as they walk plus there would be cords that I want to have protected. Has anyone built a cost effective walkway that can accommodate this type of setup? Looking for ideas that would be safe to prevent tripping and not break the bank...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I tried to do that one year but it still created a tripping hazard. The following years after that, i've opted to IR sensors, lasers, and motion detectors. Each has their pro's and con's though.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Motion detecting switches might be the best, easiest. Could you build a wooden boardwalk ? Put the switches under it, yet have very little "travel" for switch activation requirements? I have never done this, just a random idea........

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for these ideas. I would do the boardwalk if I could get cheap enough lumber from somewhere. I had thought about those Foam squares you use for the gym or garage and connecting them together permanently but fear they could still come apart and be a hazard. I am considering on burying a PVC pipe since the grass will repair itself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...I just thought about cutting grass squares out, placing rubber square down, pressure plate, another square and then replace the grass...I think that might work? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Hmmm...I just thought about cutting grass squares out, placing rubber square down, pressure plate, another square and then replace the grass...I think that might work? Any thoughts?
Well that seems like a lot of work and the turf may be too heavy for step mats to function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts