Halloween Forum banner
161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow!! Congratulations on your purchase. Sept seems far away but I bet they get shipped quicker then that. I'd love to know what you think of them when you open the boxes.

The Haunted Mushrooms arrived yesterday. They were packed extremely well & are very realistic. They're too cute to put away. So set them up with antique books & my fairy collection from the V & A museum. I''m very very pleased & plan to order another set when they go Half Off in late October.
Wow, those mushrooms look great! Very realistic. After collecting props for decades, I have no more space to put anything into storage. The fountain appealed to me because it can be set up outside. Other than draining it for winter, it’s going to be year round decor in my garden…

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,453 Posts
For Halloween I plan on putting my GR mushrooms with things like this grumpy guy and for regular time I'm just putting them with books ect on a shelf. I really like them, wish they had more items on GR to go with them that were a little more "halloween" like my grumpy dude.

View attachment 746959
ok he is awsome

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
For Halloween I plan on putting my GR mushrooms with things like this grumpy guy and for regular time I'm just putting them with books ect on a shelf. I really like them, wish they had more items on GR to go with them that were a little more "halloween" like my grumpy dude.

View attachment 746959
Up the airy mountain,
Down the rushy glen,
We daren’t go a-hunting
For fear of little men;
Wee folk, good folk,
Trooping all together;
Green jacket, red cap,
And white owl’s feather

They stole little Bridget
Shouldn't speak bad of the fairy

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Decorating my place for the first time and I really really want to spend part of my budget on the Holding Hand Ghosts and Holding Hand Witches:
View attachment 746898

Home Depot has some ghosts and witches similar to this ( not exactly the same but same idea) for 86.67 and free shipping to home. It doesn't show the price until you add it to your cart. a little cheaper than GR and already has free ship not too bad
View attachment 746899

I like what a few people did by untying the hands and alternating them:
View attachment 746900

I also want to DIY my own mummy props to hold hands with them! Does anyone own these? Have they held up over time? The thing that concerns me is that the bulbs aren't replaceable when they eventually burn out. I'm in an apartment with no yard right now, so it doesn't matter...could always put solar powered spotlights on them in the future when I buy a place and have them outdoors. (In the meantime I was thinking of putting the stakes in weighted pots to keep them upright).

Also sorry if this post is amateur-ish...it's my first one! I've been obsessed with Halloween since I was a kid and I'm excited to finally connect with others who love it too.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
This was in reply to themixedwitch....for some reason i've noticed replies get imbedded in the message and its too much trouble to figure out the new message lol maybe it's just mine that does that i donl't know.

Home Depot has some ghosts and witches similar to this ( not exactly the same but same idea) for 86.67 and free shipping to home. It doesn't show the price until you add it to your cart. a little cheaper than GR and already has free ship not too bad

·
Registered
415 Posts
Omg!! I literally did everything you said down to the hubby of 23 yrs!! I bought a tiny witches cottage in the woods with a creek running by the house in 2 acres to live with my Halloween treasures!! Goodbye non Halloween lover!
I just saw this post and I'm still smiling. JUST glad you did that prior to my post, because even I don't take my advice, but I maybe looking into a shed soon. LOL
Jerseyscare

·
Registered
874 Posts
Decorating my place for the first time and I really really want to spend part of my budget on the Holding Hand Ghosts and Holding Hand Witches:
View attachment 746898
View attachment 746899

I like what a few people did by untying the hands and alternating them:
View attachment 746900

I also want to DIY my own mummy props to hold hands with them! Does anyone own these? Have they held up over time? The thing that concerns me is that the bulbs aren't replaceable when they eventually burn out. I'm in an apartment with no yard right now, so it doesn't matter...could always put solar powered spotlights on them in the future when I buy a place and have them outdoors. (In the meantime I was thinking of putting the stakes in weighted pots to keep them upright).

Also sorry if this post is amateur-ish...it's my first one! I've been obsessed with Halloween since I was a kid and I'm excited to finally connect with others who love it too.
Welcome & not amateur-ish at all. I've liked those witches & I'm crafty. Bought a bolt of black cotton fabric so I'm making my own. Making my heads out of those plastic replacement globes that are found covering hallway lights.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Welcome & not amateur-ish at all. I've liked those witches & I'm crafty. Bought a bolt of black cotton fabric so I'm making my own. Making my heads out of those plastic replacement globes that are found covering hallway lights.
Woe!!!! Great idea!!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,362 Posts
I love David Everett & wish he'd post his new Etsy stuff anywhere but FB.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I love David Everett & wish he'd post his new Etsy stuff anywhere but FB.
agree. I'll never get a unique piece because others know how to play the game better than I do. But i got several pieces of his from Traditions and i am happy with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This was in reply to themixedwitch....for some reason i've noticed replies get imbedded in the message and its too much trouble to figure out the new message lol maybe it's just mine that does that i donl't know.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
23 Posts

I have always loved the GR witches but the price tag and shipping cost have held me back. Do you have a link for the ones at Home Depot? I just looked on their website and they're probably staring me in the face but I did not see them!

161 - 180 of 209 Posts