Halloween Forum banner
141 - 160 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
not loving Halloween this year at GR where are the cool candleholders ( they usually had more than 1 version of candleholders) I do think the fountain is pretty nice but the price is not :LOL:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Decorating my place for the first time and I really really want to spend part of my budget on the Holding Hand Ghosts and Holding Hand Witches:

I like what a few people did by untying the hands and alternating them:

I also want to DIY my own mummy props to hold hands with them! Does anyone own these? Have they held up over time? The thing that concerns me is that the bulbs aren't replaceable when they eventually burn out. I'm in an apartment with no yard right now, so it doesn't matter...could always put solar powered spotlights on them in the future when I buy a place and have them outdoors. (In the meantime I was thinking of putting the stakes in weighted pots to keep them upright).

Also sorry if this post is amateur-ish...it's my first one! I've been obsessed with Halloween since I was a kid and I'm excited to finally connect with others who love it too.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I bet you could drill a hole and insert a light in the head through the back if necessary and in the dark no one would see it!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I also want to DIY my own mummy props to hold hands with them! Does anyone own these? Have they held up over time?
I don't own the witches or ghost but I down a several other props from GR. Some of my decorations are a few years old & they still look brand new. I've never had any issues with fading, chipping or cracking. I bought the orange/black stripped witch legs nearly 5yrs ago & they still look fantastic.
GR is expensive but it's also an investment. One of the many reasons I like this group is that we stick together. Someone always posts the sales, sale codes & free shipping info so we can save $$$

Attachments

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,453 Posts
I have a love hate relation ship with gr 6 years ago I had to return so much cause was cheap or broken. I have only bought a few things sence then those items I liked
You could buy them and if not happy always return them.
. I have made the witches about 6 years ago I wanted mine to have hair so got witch hats with hair attached and make the witches out of black plastic bags cause we get lots of rain and wind here.. Got so many compliments on these girls
I am recreating them again this year but want to add the light to the head .

·
Registered
415 Posts
I didn't buy (and keep) anything from GR last year, so I don't remember...when did they start offering discounts? One of the reasons I didn't buy anything last year was that (if memory serves) they didn't include Halloween in MOST of the sales until the very end when everything was already picked over. I might be inclined to buy duplicates of some things I already have if they have a sale. Do we know when the first Halloween-included (for pete's sake) sale was last year?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a love hate relation ship with gr 6 years ago I had to return so much cause was cheap or broken. I have only bought a few things sence then those items I liked
You could buy them and if not happy always return them.
. I have made the witches about 6 years ago I wanted mine to have hair so got witch hats with hair attached and make the witches out of black plastic bags cause we get lots of rain and wind here.. Got so many compliments on these girls
I am recreating them again this year but want to add the light to the head . View attachment 746906
These look amazing!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Decorating my place for the first time and I really really want to spend part of my budget on the Holding Hand Ghosts and Holding Hand Witches:
View attachment 746898
View attachment 746899

I like what a few people did by untying the hands and alternating them:
View attachment 746900

I also want to DIY my own mummy props to hold hands with them! Does anyone own these? Have they held up over time? The thing that concerns me is that the bulbs aren't replaceable when they eventually burn out. I'm in an apartment with no yard right now, so it doesn't matter...could always put solar powered spotlights on them in the future when I buy a place and have them outdoors. (In the meantime I was thinking of putting the stakes in weighted pots to keep them upright).

Also sorry if this post is amateur-ish...it's my first one! I've been obsessed with Halloween since I was a kid and I'm excited to finally connect with others who love it too.
I bought two sets of the Holding Hands Witches three years ago. I absolutely love them! They are simple yet carry a huge punch in a setup. They have held up beautifully. I took them out of their boxes a couple of weeks ago to inspect them for the upcoming season. All of the lights are as bright as ever and they still look in excellent condition.

My advice would be to make sure you remove the batteries at the end of the season so there is no corrosion and if they get wet make sure to let them dry before putting them in storage. I love your idea of placing them in weighted pots. That would work nicely.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I didn't buy (and keep) anything from GR last year, so I don't remember...when did they start offering discounts? One of the reasons I didn't buy anything last year was that (if memory serves) they didn't include Halloween in MOST of the sales until the very end when everything was already picked over. I might be inclined to buy duplicates of some things I already have if they have a sale. Do we know when the first Halloween-included (for pete's sake) sale was last year?
Don't have exact date but I bought the Halloween Bird Bath last year at 20% off. That is exactly what I plan to do this year w/the fountain

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just purchased the new fountain and three headstones. Expensive props, but I am hoping with care they will last a lifetime. Anyway that purchase today (and the Home Depot lawn cobra) blew the Halloween prop budget for this year. Looks like these Grandin Road items I’ve ordered will not arrive until September.

V.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Just purchased the new fountain and three headstones. Expensive props, but I am hoping with care they will last a lifetime. Anyway that purchase today (and the Home Depot lawn cobra) blew the Halloween prop budget for this year. Looks like these Grandin Road items I’ve ordered will not arrive until September.

V.
Wow!! Congratulations on your purchase. Sept seems far away but I bet they get shipped quicker then that. I'd love to know what you think of them when you open the boxes.

The Haunted Mushrooms arrived yesterday. They were packed extremely well & are very realistic. They're too cute to put away. So set them up with antique books & my fairy collection from the V & A museum. I''m very very pleased & plan to order another set when they go Half Off in late October.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 209 Posts