Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

after switching from one site to another, I've found this radio on Youtube which redirect in the description to their store.
Whao, Looks like they have many interesting things to buy <3 Oo:

Any feedback on this store ?
Vincent

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,009 Posts
Grandin Road is a very well known company. They are a decor store mostly, but do tons of holiday decor, some exclusive. It does look like they ship internationally, so if you are outside the US/Canada, you'll need to check the shipping rates and pricing info.

That radio is not a new item, but it's really cool. Looking at the reviews, some folks had issues with it, but Grandin Road has a decent reputation to replace items that are defective. I don't think they actually make any of the items they sell; they make deals with the manufacturers to be the distributor, and sometimes have input on color/appearance to get them to be "Grandin Road Exclusives" which is another attraction.

Some things are VERY expensive and you should make sure they are on sale or you really really REALLY want it no matter the cost (and ask if there are any discount codes!) But they have some pretty amazing and unique stuff each year. Most years, they do a big themed video and specials that highlight all the new stuff and any older stuff they still sell that fit their yearly themes, but I'm not sure they'll do much this year considering.

They offer discounts if you sign up for their emails or at least they did last year.

If you are international, I'd make sure to check the reviews for a large amount of complaints regarding defective items. As it may take longer or cost more to ship, I'd be very upset if I received something that had a high rate of failure/not working. They do not check items before shipping them out for defects (unfortunately most places don't), so you may have to decide if you want to take the risk on the prop not working. Some things, like the figures, may be perfectly nice without the sound/lights, but that radio for instance is really not that nice if the sound/lights part does not function.

My personal experience is that they are pretty great, but I don't shop before Halloween. I always wait for discounts/sales. I LOVE my Sinister Serena I got a few years ago, and got a 5 foot glow in the dark skeleton on super sale - were literally almost giving them away right after Halloween one year! No issues with purchase, shipping or the actual products. I have not had to return anything due to problems or anything, but I believe they are good about fixing any issues if an item is defective or broken.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts