Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where else I could get the wire dress or something like it? I can't find it anywhere on the grandin road website...maybe they are sold out? Would love to see pictures of them lighted if anyone bought them. I picked out 3 things from the grandin road catalog, went to buy them online and couldn't find any of them. Guess I'm too late. Bummer.

Typical Ghoul Next Door

Registered
I second the chicken wire - I spent time to make a couple this year myself. They didn't take too long to make, probably about a week's time on and off - but working with the chicken-wire was a bit painful (nothing a good pair of gloves can't fix!)

Grass Lawn Car Vehicle Tree

Tree Plant Woody plant Shrub Groundcover

They should look sufficiently creepy lit up on the night!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your input. I agree, chicken wire can be painful. Yours look great tho brimagic. What color light will you use? Blue? I think I'll wait to try these until next year. Too much to get done already this year.

His name is Roger Clyne
As far as GR goes, you have to get in early for a lot of things. October is way too late to find the popular things on their site.

So sign up to get emails from them. Their Halloween Haven usually premieres in July. If there's something you really want from them you should buy it no later than August or it will be gone.

But honestly, your best bet is to stick around here & someone will usually start a thread. They start doing little sneak peeks in June.

Here's this year's thread which was started in March! It's up to 113 pages but it's worth the read if you want to see how GR works, when & how they release stuff, reviews, pics, etc.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/141107-grandinroad-2015-a.html

Registered
Thank you both for your input. I agree, chicken wire can be painful. Yours look great tho brimagic. What color light will you use? Blue? I think I'll wait to try these until next year. Too much to get done already this year.
I went ahead and did some test lighting this week and thought I'd share what I came up with tentatively.

Blue Purple Violet Majorelle blue Lighting

Violet Purple Organism Graphic design Tree

The lady is visiting the crypt and the man is in the flower bed in this wide shot.

Lighting Light House Pink Christmas lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts