Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I love this too! As well as the new witch moon wreath. Anyone know if they are by Katherine’s Collection? They don’t say in the description, however they sure have KC price tags :rolleyes:
I love this too! As well as the new witch moon wreath. Anyone know if they are by Katherine’s Collection? They don’t say in the description, however they sure have KC price tags :rolleyes:
I am not sure about the wreaths, although they look like Katherine's, but the bewitching figure Belinda is designed by KC. The description used to say made exclusively for Grandin Road by KC, but now it just says imported.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I am not sure about the wreaths, although they look like Katherine's, but the bewitching figure Belinda is designed by KC. The description used to say made exclusively for Grandin Road by KC, but now it just says imported.
What’s odd is I looked up the first witch moon wreath they had for years and it makes no mention of KC in the description. I could’ve sworn this was KC?

Witch Moon Wreath | Grandin Road

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I can't find the exact review on Grandin Road, but someone who had purchased it does say that she didn't think it was because the wreath didn't have any KC markings like the gold brand label that is usually found on their pieces, or a Katherine's Collection tag. So far this year it seems like they are going with just saying "a Grandin Road exclusive" instead of naming any company.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I can't find the exact review on Grandin Road, but someone who had purchased it does say that she didn't think it was because the wreath didn't have any KC markings like the gold brand label that is usually found on their pieces, or a Katherine's Collection tag. So far this year it seems like they are going with just saying "a Grandin Road exclusive" instead of naming any company.
You’re right, there is no gold KC tag on it! But I wonder if they put them on it when it’s an item made exclusively for someone? I have a few KC pieces that do not have that signature tag. I’m trying to think offhand of what I have and the only item that comes to mind is the jeweled rat, although I don’t think that was a grandinroad exclusive. But I always thought that witch moon wreath as well as the Santa face wreath that came out like 2 years ago was by KC. Maybe I just assumed because of the price? That’s always a possibility! LOL

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Haha! I feel ya! I say that EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. :LOL:
OMG RIGHT?!?! My husband is like why are you so mad? I’m like because I’m supposed to be done! The attic is full! I am not cutting anyone and we are building a forest and now there’s a witch I don’t have! He replied... you’re insane.

#haunterstruggles
#atticwoes

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Heres Chantal! She will definitely be an addition to my collection for sure!

View attachment 731419
You know I always appreciate a good static prop. No, she’s not entirely dynamic but she’s also not got any real competitors in the retail space prop wise. Sometimes you just need a ghoul to stand there. I think she’s a nice change up. Could totally see her in a haunted hotel or living room set up. She really makes me think of Edgar Allan Poe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You’re right, there is no gold KC tag on it! But I wonder if they put them on it when it’s an item made exclusively for someone? I have a few KC pieces that do not have that signature tag. I’m trying to think offhand of what I have and the only item that comes to mind is the jeweled rat, although I don’t think that was a grandinroad exclusive. But I always thought that witch moon wreath as well as the Santa face wreath that came out like 2 years ago was by KC. Maybe I just assumed because of the price? That’s always a possibility! LOL
The moon wreaths do have the KC look and price. I agree that not all items have the tag or label. The company has been sold to Gerson, so I think we will see several changes. The dolls used to come with a certificate of authenticity with the doll name and registration card. The last piece I bought just had a white square tag on it that said Katherine's Collection and made in the Philippines. I hope they will continue, but not many stores even carry KC anymore. I can only find a few online and eBay for retired pieces.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You know, I’m fully invested in my witches. I love my Grandin Road three cauldron witches so much. They were my first more expensive Halloween prop and we just adore them.

Here comes the but... the dragon stuff is just so cool to me. I really like this prop.

I just keep thinking of the large aninmated dragon with a nest, some of those smaller dragon props and skeleton princesses and princes who just didn’t make it. Not getting rid of what I have but seriously love that idea.

Also, when on their site I got the following pop up:

Can someone please hold my Visa when that vulture is available? Ha!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
...but the bewitching figure Belinda is designed by KC.
I feel like I should buy this since that's my name but I don't think I will. If the name were on the piece & visible I'd go for it plus I'm a cat person & I'd have to "fix" it with a cat instead & for $99 I'm just not gonna bother.

I totally LOVE that vampire moon wreath & the new Expressive Pumpkin Wilson but nearly $70 for paper mache seems like a lot. I have 2 of the Expressive Pumpkins, Herbert & Jasper, & have just never completed the collection because even on sale they seem overpriced.

I do love their looks though.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
You know I always appreciate a good static prop. No, she’s not entirely dynamic but she’s also not got any real competitors in the retail space prop wise. Sometimes you just need a ghoul to stand there. I think she’s a nice change up. Could totally see her in a haunted hotel or living room set up. She really makes me think of Edgar Allan Poe.
I agree. I think I prefer static for the most part since most mass produced moving props always have something that bugs me like a bad/weird/unnecessary soundtrack, weird noises from the motions, no mouth movement at all but the thing speaks, I generally prefer static stuff for a lot of reasons & they seem more versatile to me.

Like that tombstone with the candles, why does it have a soundtrack?!?! I love the way it looks with the candles but it doesn't need a weird soundtrack.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I agree. I think I prefer static for the most part since most mass produced moving props always have something that bugs me like a bad/weird/unnecessary soundtrack, weird noises from the motions, no mouth movement at all but the thing speaks, I generally prefer static stuff for a lot of reasons & they seem more versatile to me.

Like that tombstone with the candles, why does it have a soundtrack?!?! I love the way it looks with the candles but it doesn't need a weird soundtrack.
I totally agree. As novices to the haunting game, we did buy a lot of “talkers” as I call them and suddenly realized the problems that created. I’ve been thankful for the animal props that just make animal noises.

I agree with you. Why do candles need sound?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I actually prefer the static props over the animated ones!

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
I received an email for Grandin Road's sneak peek and it says the full line will be revealed on July 10th! Can't wait!!
Is that earlier than last year? I don’t remember. What I do remember is that none of the Halloween merchandise qualified for any of their sales until much closer to Halloween. Until then we just got to drool and pout. 😁

21 - 40 of 58 Posts