Halloween Forum banner

901 - 914 of 914 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nope, and today a lot of Halloween stuff is back to 20% off with free shipping.
Offering much better deals before Halloween than after is an odd marketing plan, that is for sure.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Sorry I missed a whole bunch of responses....not sure why I haven’t been getting email notifications!

I got my KC wall skeleton a few days ago but it’s still out in my garage in the box. I know I should’ve unboxed it by now, at least to make sure it wasn’t damaged or anything, but I will make sure to do that tomorrow! I have some major Halloween “un-decorating” to do anyway.

I agree about them not marking down the remaining stuff, does seem strange. But I’m guessing since they didn’t have a large amount of inventory to begin with, they have even less now after Halloween is over, so not a huge need to clearance it out to make room in their warehouse. Just a guess.

Oh, I have one more KC item that I purchased from Zulily that I should be getting in a few days.....the Brunhilda witch head! They had it on sale for around $180, which is the cheapest I’ve seen it anywhere. Can’t wait til next year to decorate with these new additions!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree about them not marking down the remaining stuff, does seem strange. But I’m guessing since they didn’t have a large amount of inventory to begin with, they have even less now after Halloween is over, so not a huge need to clearance it out to make room in their warehouse. Just a guess.

Oh, I have one more KC item that I purchased from Zulily that I should be getting in a few days.....the Brunhilda witch head! They had it on sale for around $180, which is the cheapest I’ve seen it anywhere. Can’t wait til next year to decorate with these new additions!
Maybe that is the case, though it is still strange to offer such paltry discounts now.

I just looked her up and that is an incredibly cool witch head. I hear you on that.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Did anyone buy the Brunhilda witch head? I received her today and just wanted to get other opinions on her. I love her, but the material used to make her head seems more hollow than other pieces I have. With other things such as the witch server, each piece doesn’t have that mass produced look, but for some reason this Brunhilda witch does. I think it’s the lines in her face, on her cheeks and forehead, and maybe because it’s so shiny it has a more plastic appearance (even though it’s not). It might just be me being overly critical, but I tend to do that when I pay a high dollar amount for something. Is it just me??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Did anyone buy the Brunhilda witch head? I received her today and just wanted to get other opinions on her. I love her, but the material used to make her head seems more hollow than other pieces I have. With other things such as the witch server, each piece doesn’t have that mass produced look, but for some reason this Brunhilda witch does. I think it’s the lines in her face, on her cheeks and forehead, and maybe because it’s so shiny it has a more plastic appearance (even though it’s not). It might just be me being overly critical, but I tend to do that when I pay a high dollar amount for something. Is it just me??

View attachment 726464
No, it’s not just you. I agree, and when we pay high dollar for something I think being more critical is fair. We expect better quality on the higher priced items. If something is inexpensive I don’t hold it to the same standards as something that is relatively pricey.

I agree with you on Brunhilda as well. I also purchased the Haunted Spirits Candelabra and was extremely disappointed in the quality considering I paid $175.00 for it. The candle cups were crooked and off center, and not by design either.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
That’s right, I remember you saying that about the candelabra! Did you end up returning it?

I will be keeping Brunhilda, despite my comments. It’s just disappointing that her quality isn’t the usual KC that I’ve seen in her other pieces. Most of the other higher end KC things that I’ve purchased are great, but Brunhilda takes a back seat to them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If the shiny finish bothers you (it would bug me) I wonder if a very light coat of Krylon clear coat MATTE would help dull her skin? You would want to mask off her costume, her eyes, and her earrings but that would be possible with some patience (and a good bit of low tack painters tape). Another product to consider is Modern Masters Dead Flat Varnish. It is good for indoor use and it is a painted on clear coat that is very matte and very clear. I use it on picture frames when I want to protect raw or aged wood but don't want to make it look shiny or plasticky at all. You can find it at Amazon. The Krylon would be a thinner coat but less controllable than the Modern Masters imho.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
That’s a great idea! I actually do already have some Krylon matte clear coat in the garage, but will look into the Modern Masters. Since she’s not huge, it shouldn’t take long at all to do it. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That’s a great idea! I actually do already have some Krylon matte clear coat in the garage, but will look into the Modern Masters. Since she’s not huge, it shouldn’t take long at all to do it.
Instead of buying another product to brush on, you could spray the other into a tray and then go with it, sparing yourself all of that dreadful masking mentioned. Extreme shine would bother me as well.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Instead of buying another product to brush on, you could spray the other into a tray and then go with it, sparing yourself all of that dreadful masking mentioned. Extreme shine would bother me as well.
Brilliant! I was looking around for the Modern Masters because I do like the idea of painting vs. spraying, but the smallest container of it is 32oz and is $30 on Amazon. Since I already have the Krylon I will just go with that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Brilliant! I was looking around for the Modern Masters because I do like the idea of painting vs. spraying, but the smallest container of it is 32oz and is $30 on Amazon. Since I already have the Krylon I will just go with that.
Yeah, clear coat products can get pretty pricey. I figured I'd bring up the idea before you blew money you did not have to, especially after just spending around $200 on the witch.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yeah, clear coat products can get pretty pricey. I figured I'd bring up the idea before you blew money you did not have to, especially after just spending around $200 on the witch.
If it was $10 or maybe even a smaller size I wouldve bought it, but yes, considering I don’t have anything else to clear coat at the moment, and I’ve already spent the $$ on the witch, the cheaper the better!

901 - 914 of 914 Posts