Halloween Forum banner

761 - 780 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
I haven’t decided where it’s final destination will be but I received my celestial moon today. This thing is really big! When I saw the box, I was really surprised because it was at least 3 feet tall I think. It was big!

There are a few flaws with it....the round disc part on the bottom stand looks dented in a couple places on the side (kind of like the edge of a soda can that was dropped), but because it’s made out of resin you know it was made that way. And there are a couple spots in the paint at the tips of the moon that seem a little off (though no one would ever notice it except me).

Other than that, it’s great!

View attachment 719487
It's lovely. Thank you for posting the picture

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow I haven’t seen that mantle scarf in a long time! I would never be able to have something like that in my house....my cats would destroy it, and in the process taking down everything sitting on top of it! 😂
Trust me I know the feeling! My bratty cat loves faux feathers and she loves to destroy anything with that on it lol! I’m fortunate she hasn’t gotten into anything else yet

·
Registered
888 Posts
Has anyone bought the lanterns from GR?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #767
I’m sure it will be fantastic. Be sure to post your opinions for us slightly potential 🦉 buyers!
So I got my owl today! The quality is really nice. For sure it is a high quality and pretty item. The feet bend (gently) so you can position them. Here it is hanging from my ceiling fan (not where I plan to put it, just showing y’all). I do wish i had gotten the large instead of the medium. It’s smaller than I anticipated, despite the accurate measurements.

Meanwhile I also got my witches’ brew cauldron which I LOVE. The grammar stickler in me needs to add an apostrophe at the end of witches. Otherwise, the broomstick bristles are rubbery and cool looking, and it’s a huge item. My only concern is what someone else said. The ladle is porcelain as is the cauldron. When I fill this with some liquid concoction, I’m afraid a drunken guest will break the beautiful ladle. We’ll see...

·
Registered
839 Posts
The owls are fabulous! A couple of us got the exact same ones last year from Target’s website. They were definitely cheaper than GR’s prices, but I haven’t checked to see if they are still available this year. Might be worth a check.

·
Registered
888 Posts
@pipresidente thanks for posting your new owl 🦉! Can I just say the talons are amazing?!

The cauldron is great but the grammar police training in me is slightly twitching. Is it made of witches or by? It’s still a great pot. Nice to know you thought the grammar was iffy too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
So I got my owl today! The quality is really nice. For sure it is a high quality and pretty item. The feet bend (gently) so you can position them. Here it is hanging from my ceiling fan (not where I plan to put it, just showing y’all). I do wish i had gotten the large instead of the medium. It’s smaller than I anticipated, despite the accurate measurements.

View attachment 719835

Meanwhile I also got my witches’ brew cauldron which I LOVE. The grammar stickler in me needs to add an apostrophe at the end of witches. Otherwise, the broomstick bristles are rubbery and cool looking, and it’s a huge item. My only concern is what someone else said. The ladle is porcelain as is the cauldron. When I fill this with some liquid concoction, I’m afraid a drunken guest will break the beautiful ladle. We’ll see...

View attachment 719836
I adore that owl! That’s a great cauldron as well. Nice!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Brunhilda isn't something I'd use but I wanted to check to see if she was included in this promotion considering Katherine's Collection is extremely protective of their stuff going on sale. She is included in the sale and the moment I stuck her in the cart a pop up "20 people have added this to their cart today" warning was showing. Then once on the checkout page a "high risk of selling out item popup" was showing.

If you're on the fence about getting it this may be a good opportunity although $159 oversize shipping seems a bit much. When she was first listed they had around 25 in stock. As of this post they have 20. I'd roll the dice and wait because they aren't selling too quickly even with the sale.

-Matthew

EDIT As of today (9/14) 20 witches still remain so no one that placed them in their carts yesterday followed through and purchased it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Received an email from GR this morning. Today only - 30% off any Halloween item. Discount will be shown at checkout according to the info.
Was ready to purchase Crescent Moon and was offered free shipping for my email. So I thought: Heck yeah ( I never give my email out) so I typed it in and a message popped up and said: You're already a friend

I sh!t you not☠☠☠

They took my email and I didn't get free shipping. GR can keep the Crescent Moon!!
The price is either going below $90 with free shipping or I'm simply not buying it

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

I did, but years ago and only cuz I got them for dirt cheap (like $5 ea). I know I’ve seen the same lantern elsewhere for much cheaper than Grandinroad current offer, but I just can’t remember what site. I think I have like 8 of them and I display them on every other step on my staircase. I remember trying to look for them during off season because I am short one for mydisplay, but just never got around to buying it.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

Found one! It’s in bronze though.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

View attachment 719835

View attachment 719836

I love (and have) them both! I feel the same way about the ladle too, because it sort of feels a bit fragile. If I use it for anything liquid I plan to serve it with a different (plastic) ladle.

761 - 780 of 793 Posts
About this Discussion
792 Replies
61 Participants
Wycked Spiryt
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing