Halloween Forum banner

741 - 760 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
They have a lot of great Katherine’s collection stuff! Too bad I’m over budget!
What is this word “budget”? 😝

You know, I don’t know how I’d do it but I do love those flying owls. Seeing as how I have a million Halloween critters I don’t need more but I really do think they are quite pretty. They would be outstanding flying around that wizard prop at HD.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #742
What is this word “budget”? 😝

You know, I don’t know how I’d do it but I do love those flying owls. Seeing as how I have a million Halloween critters I don’t need more but I really do think they are quite pretty. They would be outstanding flying around that wizard prop at HD.
I can’t really define “budget”, because I tend not to follow one, but I am pretty confident from my alarmingly large pile of receipts that I have exceeded any loose interpretation of a budget. 🤣

I am really excited to get my owl. Hoping I don’t regret getting the medium instead of the large.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I can’t really define “budget”, because I tend not to follow one, but I am pretty confident from my alarmingly large pile of receipts that I have exceeded any loose interpretation of a budget. 🤣

I am really excited to get my owl. Hoping I don’t regret getting the medium instead of the large.
I’m sure it will be fantastic. Be sure to post your opinions for us slightly potential 🦉 buyers!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I feel terrible for missing it...

Now they have 30% off any item (with an asterisk right next to it - we all know what that meanso_O).

I honestly can’t believe they excluded Halloween on that one. Well, I mean I can, but after they gave us 2 whole days of 20% + free ship, I thought that was going to be the beginning of their seasonal sales.

Sadly, I’m thinking next year isn’t going to be any better, because I predict that they’re gonna be left with a LOT of inventory from this year.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Is it me or am I just crazy? GR has a banner saying "free standard shipping on all Halloween" So I search up the Celestial Moon... it's on sale, proceed to check out and find they are still charging $17 shipping. I don't like this "bait and switch" game they are playing

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is it me or am I just crazy? GR has a banner saying "free standard shipping on all Halloween" So I search up the Celestial Moon... it's on sale, proceed to check out and find they are still charging $17 shipping. I don't like this "bait and switch" game they are playing
You'll have to add/change the offer code, SEPTSHIP19 should work.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sadly, I’m thinking next year isn’t going to be any better, because I predict that they’re gonna be left with a LOT of inventory from this year.
There might not be a retailer called Grandin Road next year if things keep up this way. By no means am I hoping for them to go out, only for them to come to their senses before it is too late. How the inept bigwigs (of any company) get to often repeatedly underperform and drive a company into bankruptcy through greed and stupidity while being rewarded with exorbitant amounts of cash, even at the end, I will never understand.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
It’s not really bait and switch. The problem is they have multiple sales going on at the same time, so you just have to make sure you have the right discount code applied in your cart. Sometimes they will default one for you depending on how you entered the site (for example, if you clicked thru an email).

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
There might not be a retailer called Grandin Road next year if things keep up this way. By no means am I hoping for them to go out, only for them to come to their senses before it is too late. How the inept bigwigs (of any company) get to often repeatedly underperform and drive a company into bankruptcy through greed and stupidity while being rewarded with exorbitant amounts of cash, even at the end, I will never understand.

I would hate to see them go, too, but this year has definitely been a farce so far with how they’re handling the Halloween season.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would hate to see them go, too, but this year has definitely been a farce so far with how they’re handling the Halloween season.
Do any of you here think that GR really believes that their regular prices on Halloween items are good deals and worth the full asking price and that they really don’t need to offer much incentive to buy right now?

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Do any of think that GR really believes that their regular prices on Halloween items is good deals and worth the full asking price and that they really don’t need to offer much incentive to buy right now?
Absolutely not. In fact, for years their pricing structure (or marketing strategy, whatever u wanna call it) has always been to over-inflate the regular price so they would still profit when they have a sale. Most people want to feel good about their purchases and think they got something at a good deal (even if it’s really not, it’s sometimes all about perception). But it just sounds good to a lot of people to say or think they got something for “half off”. There are very few sites that price their merchandise at low enough prices and don’t have to offer a sale in order to move their merchandise. Grandinroad is definitely not one of those sites!

·
Registered
669 Posts
It’s not really bait and switch. The problem is they have multiple sales going on at the same time, so you just have to make sure you have the right discount code applied in your cart. Sometimes they will default one for you depending on how you entered the site (for example, if you clicked thru an email).
Good to know. I appreciate all of your advice and help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I received the crackling mirror. I am going to return it. The sound is really tinny. In the dark it doesn’t look much like the one on the site. I wished I took pics of it in the dark. This is on a gray rainy day without any lights on.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I’m so glad you got her. Great photo! Is she standing or sitting in this picture?
Thank you!

Standing. She’s basically always standing but she’s just short to replicate if she was sitting. Now I gotta build a table.

Immediately logged out of work on the nose to spray paint her gypsy tent. Flipping thrilled!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I haven’t decided where it’s final destination will be but I received my celestial moon today. This thing is really big! When I saw the box, I was really surprised because it was at least 3 feet tall I think. It was big!

There are a few flaws with it....the round disc part on the bottom stand looks dented in a couple places on the side (kind of like the edge of a soda can that was dropped), but because it’s made out of resin you know it was made that way. And there are a couple spots in the paint at the tips of the moon that seem a little off (though no one would ever notice it except me).

Other than that, it’s great!

741 - 760 of 793 Posts
About this Discussion
792 Replies
61 Participants
Wycked Spiryt
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing