Halloween Forum banner

721 - 740 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
The preloaded WEBGRA code is actually a pretty good deal...full price and you get to pay for shipping...I don't care where you're from, that's nothing to sneeze at.
Everyone needs to jump on that immediately🥴

Same here. I ended up not ordering anything. A month ago I would have ordered about seven things, not including impulse purchases. Oh well.
I went the same route. Even with 20% off and free shipping, the majority of items still cost too much.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I didn’t buy anything during their 20% off + free shipping sale over Labor Day weekend. They just waited too long and I lost my enthusiasm for this year’s offerings. I really don’t need anything they have for my displays this year. So I paid full price for the celestial moon, but bought nothing else. They received an extra $30 from my purchase by not offering a sale, but they lost out on all the additional items that were originally on my want list. They may want to rethink their sales tactic. I will probably just wait to see what’s left after they start their Halloween clearance sales.
I’m thinking about buying a 24 or 32 inch Brunhilda doll though. It’s not offered by GR, so I’ll have to price hunt.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I didn’t buy anything during their 20% off + free shipping sale over Labor Day weekend. They just waited too long and I lost my enthusiasm for this year’s offerings. I really don’t need anything they have for my displays this year. So I paid full price for the celestial moon, but bought nothing else. They received an extra $30 from my purchase by not offering a sale, but they lost out on all the additional items that were originally on my want list. They may want to rethink their sales tactic. I will probably just wait to see what’s left after they start their Halloween clearance sales.
I’m thinking about buying a 24 or 32 inch Brunhilda doll though. It’s not offered by GR, so I’ll have to price hunt.
Exactly! The same thing here. I just lost interest. Grandin Road is one of the first retailers to offer new Halloween merchandise every year so I get excited and impulse buy but they waited so long this year that they lost out. I purchased the crystal ball when they mistakenly had it on sale for 25% off for a few hours early on and that’s it. I am usually finished shopping for Halloween by the end of August and this year is no exception.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I haven't been able to justify their prices in years. I really love the grave stones I got from them years ago, but reports on iffy quality of some things makes me very nervous about buying from them.
I would say for the most part, their quality is great. With the exception of an item here and there, especially those that are not GR exclusives.

Over the past years I’ve bought a LOT from them (seriously, I’m in the category of “too ashamed to admit how much”) and have been really happy with mostly everything. I have most of their tombstones as well, and put them out every year and they’re still holding up without any problems weathering thru the seasons.

And that’s what this thread is great for, because if you’re ever on the fence with something, usually someone here has bought it and can tell you all about it!

·
Registered
280 Posts
this thread is great! how do you like it?
I love the crystal ball because it is so unique. But it is not worth full price. The ball tips forward in mine and doesn’t sit flush in the hands. Also, it isn’t good for a three hundred sixty degree view. You definitely want the palm side to a wall. I love that it plugs in and isn’t battery operated.

If you go back through this thread Spirits Vineyard took some great phots of hers and posted an excellent review.

Here is a photo of the palm side and you can see what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Actually now that you pointed that out, mine is the same way! That round piece that goes down into the hands isn’t flush either. Just has a slight lift to it so you can see a gap. I’m betting they’re probably all like that. Doesn’t take away from the piece though, the best “view” is from the side with the fingers!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I’m kind of surprised the crystal ball didn’t sell out. I remember when everyone was buying it wasn’t it there some message about limited stock or something? It is probably the most accessible and interesting piece they had this year.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I think the price shunned people away. I can’t say I recall seeing or hearing any low-stock notices on it. I saw LOTS of Facebook posts about it being too expensive though. Which it is. I mean as great as it is, it’s not worth the full price tag. Last year’s crystal ball, which was equally as nice, was only $99. And I say “only” even though last year at the time I bought it I thought $99 was expensive too 🥴

·
Registered
888 Posts
I guess it’s good I ordered Zaltana when I did. This is my shipping info:

Estimated Delivery: 09/12/19 - 09/18/19

Guess I can stop looking at the door with so much anticipation cause clearly I got a little while

·
Registered
280 Posts
I guess it’s good I ordered Zaltana when I did. This is my shipping info:

Estimated Delivery: 09/12/19 - 09/18/19

Guess I can stop looking at the door with so much anticipation cause clearly I got a little while
Hopefully she will arrive sooner than later. These companies are using really slow shipping methods to reduce shipping costs. I get that, the price of shipping has skyrocketed in the last few years. However, it sure is tough for those of us who are (in)patiently waiting. I’m the worst at doing that. I want to enjoy my new item as soon as possible!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hopefully she will arrive sooner than later. These companies are using really slow shipping methods to reduce shipping costs. I get that, the price of shipping has skyrocketed in the last few years. However, it sure is tough for those of us who are (in)patiently waiting. I’m the worst at doing that. I want to enjoy my new item as soon as possible!
Exactly! Halloween is my Christmas dangit! All kidding aside, I really just need her to get here so I can get measurements. She’s going to need a table which I’ll have to hunt down. And I’m sure since I’ll probably thrift it I need time to do it. Plus I’ll probably want to paint it. This gal is slowly becoming reminiscent of the book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.

·
Registered
129 Posts
They actually have both sizes on Zulily right now. I think she’s $249.99 for 24” & $499.99 for 32”. They also have a wall hanging of her head. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

721 - 740 of 793 Posts
About this Discussion
792 Replies
61 Participants
Wycked Spiryt
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing