Halloween Forum banner

Grandin Road 2016

126K views 891 replies 107 participants last post by  Meadow 
#1 ·
A new year a new thread. There are still ongoing clearance sales off and on on some of the halloween items from last year. Check the Outlet section for Halloween as well as the regular Halloween Haven area.

Great deal on the Gemmy spot lights at $7.20 with coupon. Also picked up the Halloween cake plate for $24.99 with the coupon. The cake plate only ships out 8/8/16.

Coupon code Take20April expires tonight (4/10/16).

Does anyone know if your credit card gets charged if the items are not shipping out for months?

Did Grandin Road used to except PayPal? Didn't see it listed for payment on order page.

#2 ·
Does anyone know if your credit card gets charged if the items are not shipping out for months?

Did Grandin Road used to except PayPal? Didn't see it listed for payment on order page.
Nearly all companies wait until items ship to charge, so I would expect that to also be the case regarding Grandin Road.

They accepted PayPal for a little while, quit, went back to it, and I have no clue what the case may be at the moment.

#3 ·
Thanks for the head's up on the spotlights!! That is a great price :) I snagged a few for my yard display...spotlights go fast around here.. once they hit the store shelfs they are almost immediately gone! And there are never any left to be on sale after the holidays!! I'm so happy to have some more for such a great price

#6 ·
AWESOME!

Just scanned through and will be ordering the Venetian Victoria because i've been dying to get one for a while. I also have my eyes on the swinging bats! Those will be perfect to attach to my Spirit Halloween display trees I picked up last year!

#8 ·
Thanks for the heads up Spinechiller. Ended up ordering the eyeball orb set that Hilda did such great things with last year. They sold out early last year before I pulled the trigger so I'll be happy to get a set when they ship in July (anticipated 7/11). When I put them in my cart a message popped up that they were in limited quantity...so heads up anyone interested in them.

I also checked RetailMeNot.com before ordering and saw that a number of people successfully used a coupon code today that gave you 10% off AND Free Shipping. Not sure how long it will be valid. While not 20% like using the Take20April Code, it worked out better on the bottom line for me. Only got 2.90 off the orbs but the shipping would have been 8.00 I think, so only ended up paying 26.10. I know other people have mentioned other coupon sites but I have had good luck with RetailMeNot for a number of stores and wanted to remind you guys to also check them.

.....Just went to close the GR website after completing my order and see that they have a new offer on the site. Basically same as the RetailMeNot one--Anniversary Savings, 10% off plus free shipping (standard ground), Code APRIL2016. The offer is valid through 4/25 at 11:59pm EDT. Guess they took down the 20% off offer at midnight EDT so if you missed it you're still in luck to save some money.

Thanks to you guys also added 3 red spotlights (Christmas sale area). I bought some white ones last year for signage at the same sale price which is by far the best you'll probably see. Pretty sure these are the older version spotlights that are just a static light (not like the newer ones that give you solid and optional flashing mode--which cost more too for the option). Still for the price hard to pass up.

#9 ·
Thanks for the heads up!

I was going to buy the Haunted Ash Urn, but then saw the Haunted Reveal Clock and I liked that better. I don't know if it was on sale or not, but seemed like a good deal for $49. And even less with the coupon code.

Thanks again!

#15 ·
Ooo...I really hated these things. They weren't that great & incredibly overpriced. I bought a couple at Walmart last year for less than $20 each & ended up selling them because they just weren't that great & the noisemaker was on the half that was inside. They were basically stuffed things with suction cups & not very large.

I hope you like them better than I did. Though IMHO they're overpriced even on sale.

#24 ·
I believe we ALL have issues with the I...MUST...HAVE...it!!!! syndrome. When it hits, it's bad. NOTHING can stop that purchase! (Coupon or not! HA!!!) I had that problem with a certain black cat inflatable, had to track it down-now it's everywhere! In perfect honesty, I first saw the Grandin Road stuff years ago in M Stewarts magazine. It had the horse drawn carriage inflatable. OHHHH! I dragged that magazine everywhere. Oh, those life sized figures. It was a bit of a mania. Not too long after I did get the Gemmy Donna the Dead so that curbed the craving. I still love checking out their site-I think the some of the large figures are great. They certainly have a range of items. I had seen the Joe Spencer soft sculptures and mentioned them to my friends-now my friends have purchased five different figures for me. (I actually need to put a stop to that-space limitations and pets-cats are trying to snatch some of them bald! HA!!!)

#25 ·
Here's something I noticed with their site. Not sure if they are just short on quantity on things halloween right now, but I mentioned that the Orbs I had put in my cart a few days ago, popped up a window while I was continuing shopping that said the Orbs were in limited quantity. Last year it use to say Limited Qty on the order page. Well stopped on the site today and decided to test a theory. Added items and then continued shopping and each time I continued and clicked on another item it would put up a message of Limited Quantity on the previous item while on the new item page. Checked this out with the Orbs, Tree Face and Arms, Pre-Lit Creepy Garland, Life-Size Venetian Victoria, and I gave up after that. Same thing happened each time. So either things are in short quantity or it's a marketing technique to get you to pull the trigger. hmm. Not like we need encouragement LOL.

I did notice that Eva (think that was her name) was no longer listed. The Tree Face and Arms were newly listed I believe so things available are changing. Sale lasts thru 4/25.

#26 ·
Hmmm. Interesting. You're probably right, must be a marketing ploy.

One thing I found out awhile back is if you put an item in your cart and just leave it there, then log out, sometimes the company will send you an e-mail offering a discount of some sort on that item.
Helpful if you don't have a coupon code to use.

I got my Haunted Reveal Clock in the mail today, but haven't opened it yet. Too busy trimming trees outside.

#27 ·
Yeah, I'm not sure about the limited quantity. It's not exactly like the majority of people right now are looking for halloween. They know there's a hard core group of us that will buy year round especially during good sales; but with all their new spring/summer stuff to stock imagine they intentionally don't keep much in the way of Halloween this early so could picture there being lower stock. I'm thinking having any halloween now is done in hopes of attracting potential purchasers to check out and get inticed with other non-fall items. Regardless, I'm glad I got the Eyebll Orbs this year

Dave, I know BuyCostumes tends to do that thing with left overs in your cart and the follow up email with discount. Picked up a few things at a better price that way.

#36 ·
Another OPBA member here :D I just grabbed those eyeball orbs thanks to you guys. I missed out on them last year and was so bummed.

Last night I was cleaning out old pics from my phone and came across my batch of Home Goods photos from last year. I've had Halloween on my mind since then so it was meant to be :)

#37 ·
Do compare using Spinechiller's 30% off code on item (above, expires tonight) compared to the still active 10% off order & free shipping code APRIL2016 which is still good through 4/25 at 11:59pm EDT. Sometimes the later can be a better deal.

The Gemmy red spotlights just arrived. Nice vivid red color. As expected for the clearance price of $9 (less 10% and Free ship), they are the original Gemmy spots. No switch on them for strobe or flashing, just plug in for solid ON. Well worth the price. Still see them listed under Outdoor Christmas on GR's site. Wish they had blue and orange but guess they are Xmas colors. I'd say it's now time to dedicate a storage bin to LED spotlights. Been working my way towards LEDs and phasing out my incandescents over the last few years and between GR, SH, HD, and Lowes I have a nice color array, most purchased at sale/clearance prices and during non-Halloween timeframes, but I'm ready for halloween now. ;)

#40 ·
And maybe two years ago we kind of all commented that some popular repeat props we noticed had gone up something like $10 like Victoria I think was $79 and went up to $89. Unfortunately a trend among other stores too. Which is why it's always best to stay tuned in here for any sales and free shipping offers.

Gosh it's hard to believe we're seeing here and at a few other stores mdse listed for preorder to be delivered in July already. Mentally and organization-wise I'm not ready. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.