Halloween Forum banner

861 - 880 of 892 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks so much for all the info. Really appreciate it! I really wanted some of the tombstones, the spooky hands with lanterns, skull door knocker, tree face and hands set and Im sure theres more I'm forgetting. I wouldve loved the winged lady statue as well. I also thought the tombstone with the vulture on it looked pretty neat. I wish I was closer to a showroom! I'm way out in the suburbs of Chicago though so not even close. I'll definitely keep an eye out like you suggested and again thanks for the all the great info and tips! Enjoy your Halloween.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I really AM going to go broke, but guess what I just bought? The witch moon wreath! All said and done it cost $253, but the fact that it was back on the site and the discount was 31% today, I just had to. Really, I did. But with all the fabulous reviews, I just know it's going to be all that. I don't even care that I won't get to put it up til next year!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I saw the discount last night just after midnight (I realized that even though you don't get their email til the morning, the new sale gets added at midnight) and I was right there checking for the wreath! And anything else that made a reappearance. It wasn't on there. I did almost buy the Madame Zaltana Psychic wood sign and the skull platter (I just got a set of the 4 plates) but I didn't pull the trigger. I want them, but could do without them, so even with 31% off it wasn't enough to tempt me. Had it have been the Dead and Breakfast sign, I may have though, because that's the one I really wanted out of those signs! But only because I didn't get Madame Zaltana herself. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did anyone get a Vladimir this year? And if so, would you be willing to send me a pic of his parts list/assembly instructions? I bought a display today & didn't get any of that. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Did anyone get a Vladimir this year? And if so, would you be willing to send me a pic of his parts list/assembly instructions? I bought a display today & didn't get any of that. Thanks in advance!

I did! And he's awesome! I will check when I get home later this evening to see if I kept the instructions...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
And one more for a close up of the instructions. I don't know why my first photo was so small.....but when you zoomed in on the pic you could barely read it. Hope this helps!

image.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
He came assembled, without box or instructions, but he works. Seems to have all his parts, but I wanted instructions so I could get him back together next year. Also, his head seems a little unstable on his neck. It's upright, but just seems like it could be adhered better. I see that the torso came as all one piece. Can't complain, I got him for a song. Thanks again, maggiesvineyard!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
He came assembled, without box or instructions, but he works. Seems to have all his parts, but I wanted instructions so I could get him back together next year. Also, his head seems a little unstable on his neck. It's upright, but just seems like it could be adhered better. I see that the torso came as all one piece. Can't complain, I got him for a song. Thanks again, maggiesvineyard!

Hmmm, I didn't notice any instability with his head on mine. I'll have to inspect him when I move him to the garage. I actually plan to leave him fully assembled and lay him down in a large plastic bin along with all my other life size props...will make next year's decorating a lot easier I think!

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Cheap Mice!

If you are looking for some cheap skeleton mice, Grandinroad right now has an Additional 50% off select halloween decor (ie. sale items only) and the mice, already reduced from $4 to $2, fall into that category, so just $1 for each mouse. You still have a choice of standing, crouching or laying version. At this price I decided to pick up a dozen of the mice, and even buying 12 shipping was only $5 so pretty cost efficient shipping. The Code to use is WICKEDNOW (Code good thru 11/8 at 11:59pm EST). My mice are shipping today.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
The other "steal" is that Boo mirror! I bought it previously, but now with the 50% off, they are $11. It could be a tad bigger, but the quality is superb! FYI in case anyone was on the fence about it.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Ending tonight, Sunday, 11/6 @ 11:59pm EST, 25% off on sale items Plus Free Shipping sitewide (Code DAY3). Sometimes the % off and Free shipping can be a very nice offer in savings.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Since GrandinRoad doesn't seem to offer many animated props in the past few years like they use to, thought I'd mention that if anyone missed out on the Werewolf Dad prop from GR 2 years ago (they offered him and his son separately), you can pick him up online at HomeDepot currently for 50% off. I bought him on a 50% off sale from GR right before halloween that year and paid 97.50 for him plus shipping. The HD price now is 99.50 and you can have him shipped to your local store for pick up or have him delivered to your house for free.

Today is the last day for HD's 50% off sale online. http://www.homedepot.com/p/74-8-in-Werewolf-Dad-5124334/206770897

Here's a GR video of dad and son:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I'm so sad I think I'm gonna cry. My order for the witch moon wreath was canceled because there wasn't any in stock, and no estimate for more so they couldn't backorder it. They never even sent me an email either....I discovered it by looking at my account online and I called them right away when I saw it said "CANCELLED" under the tracking status. So disappointing :( Normally they're pretty good with sending emails.

Guess I will have to just cross my fingers it comes back next year!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Since GrandinRoad doesn't seem to offer many animated props in the past few years like they use to, thought I'd mention that if anyone missed out on the Werewolf Dad prop from GR 2 years ago (they offered him and his son separately), you can pick him up online at HomeDepot currently for 50% off. I bought him on a 50% off sale from GR right before halloween that year and paid 97.50 for him plus shipping. The HD price now is 99.50 and you can have him shipped to your local store for pick up or have him delivered to your house for free.

Today is the last day for HD's 50% off sale online. http://www.homedepot.com/p/74-8-in-Werewolf-Dad-5124334/206770897

Here's a GR video of dad and son:

Just picked up Werewolf Dad.....today he is now $50! I almost didn't because I think he's gonna be too scary for my yard scene, but decided to get him anyway for that price.

I saw the skeleton horse is now only $50, too, but unfortunately no shipping options for me in my zip code :(

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Just picked up Werewolf Dad.....today he is now $50! I almost didn't because I think he's gonna be too scary for my yard scene, but decided to get him anyway for that price.

I saw the skeleton horse is now only $50, too, but unfortunately no shipping options for me in my zip code :(

Oh, sorry about the witch wreath. Been on that cancellation train before along with other people here. And sometimes we didn't get an email either.

Nice job though on getting the Werewolf Dad and especially at that price! I see he's sold out now along with dozens of other items in the last few hours. I like his lumberjack flannel shirt and think it gets noticed more than the son's clothing. Both guys set up really easily but be careful when mounting the upper portion. I found even on the son that it was a bit heavy to do by my self while trying to connect the wires at the same time. Helps to have someone to hold things while doing this part. They have a nice solid stand.

I was wondering when HD would go lower in price but there's never any assurance it will be on what you want. Looks like they pick select items to mark down. I think you will like the dad. He is a bit scary but doesn't have blood on him so no gore unlike most of the other werewolf props out there. These just look frightening and howl, which even for my young crowd here I think is OK. We had the son on our front porch positioned behind a sofa two years back on Halloween (dad arrived on halloween day and too late to set up that year). The son triggered nicely for us so I was pretty happy. These guys are among my favorites.

Here's a photo of the son werewolf we set up in our upstairs bedroom window this year since there was a chance it might rain that night. He did get noticed and commented on by some of the ToTers. One kid asked me how I managed to get him up there. Wasn't sure if he meant how I set him up or how I got a werewolf in the house! I went for the first one and he said "oh, ok". Two years ago when he was set up on the porch, kids would approach us for candy and he would trigger and a few of the older kids even jumped. One kid took a good teasing from his friends on his reaction when he jumped. But everyone was laughing. It was pretty dark where he was set up and the kids were more focused on us and the candy so we did get the element of surprise by diversion. Only one little kid as I recall would not come closer to get candy. I think you'll fine with using him.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Wow I saw their Halloween Haven stuff is active...might have to pull the trigger on some things I waited too long for last year. I'm sure they'll be adding new things as we get closer to 31.

861 - 880 of 892 Posts