Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of making my own grandfather clock {cheapest possible way} for my haunt,anybody have any ideas or patterns,blueprints or know of any websites that do,thank you.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Shiver me timbers
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks evilbob!
I've always had a soft spot for haunted grandfather clocks ever since I saw one of Bill Tracey's clock props @ the Haunted House in Ocean City when I was a kid....Just watched your video and it is a truly cool prop! Definitely inspired by the Haunted Mansion for sure!....I have a video that shows my clock in action for a few seconds at the very end of the video.....ZR....Halloween 2008 - HauntUniverse.com - The Haunt Industry Network

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks!....I don't have any pics on hand of the first clock I made years ago that used a rotisierre motor for the pendalum (boy, where's spell check when you need it:D)...I used a double sided axe for the pendalum in that one....I almost made one that looked like a toe pincher coffin setting on a small crate like base and a bat with the wings out in attack mode for the topper....I ended up with the more traditional type in the end....ZR

·
Registered
814 Posts
You guys did a fantastic job with your grandfather clocks....:)

I'll have to show hubby....since a clock is also on my "wish list"....;)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Garthgoyle,gromit05,Terra....Thanks!

mr frost....My clock took several months to make- First combing the internet for clock photos and I found quite a few "haunted house clock props" pics for ideas...As mentioned earlier I came down to 2 ideas and finally settled on 1.....From there it was build a section at a time...Start with the base and work your way up....evilbob's picture from behind the clock shows a great example of how it goes together in sections and mine is very similiar with the exception that I have bracing going vertically as well because the foam needed the extra support....Good luck to anyone trying to build a clock prop and if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to ask!...ZR

1 - 20 of 37 Posts