Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this empty grandfather clock on Craigslist yesterday. Gonna use it in the victorian mansion scene.
Need to add a motor to turn the clock hands counter clockwise, and thinking of a peppers ghost for the front of the case?
Not sure how that would work, but sounds good. I looked up past threads, including the Hi Rez one. Feel free to throw out some ideas.
Thanks, Pete

· Registered
15,097 Posts
Nice piece, you could do a wicked haunted clock with that. Surprised you found it gutted though. I could see sets of eyes inside the glass door fading in and out. I'd probably line the inside with black fabric or panels painted or coved in black material so it's a nice dark spot to hide your magic. I remember someone setting up eyes in an airflow vent and I thought they looked super spookie.

Doesn't Pepper's Ghost require a reflection based on an angled glass/plexiglass? Since the clock has sides to it and we're talking inches apart from each other, I'm not seeing how you could get enough space to stage an image to the side and light it. Don't think you have enough room to go from the top or bottom either.

I don't know how you move that piece but if it's as heavy as it looks I'd put those slider feet on the bottom of the clock at least.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice piece, you could do a wicked haunted clock with that. Surprised you found it gutted though. I could see sets of eyes inside the glass door fading in and out. I'd probably line the inside with black fabric or panels painted or coved in black material so it's a nice dark spot to hide your magic. I remember someone setting up eyes in an airflow vent and I thought they looked super spookie.

Doesn't Pepper's Ghost require a reflection based on an angled glass/plexiglass? Since the clock has sides to it and we're talking inches apart from each other, I'm not seeing how you could get enough space to stage an image to the side and light it. Don't think you have enough room to go from the top or bottom either.

I don't know how you move that piece but if it's as heavy as it looks I'd put those slider feet on the bottom of the clock at least.
I agree there is not much room for a peppers ghost. I might try a LCD screen in the bottom with a pair of monster eyes from Big Scream TV DVD.
A piece of plexi angled on a 45 in the cabinet.
Thanks, Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.