Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Sleep with one eye open
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

After seeing Hollie H's gothic clock makeover , Jack Skellington's animated clock and ihauntu's foam clock I decided I had to have a Grandfather clock also . Numerous yard sales and thrift stores later , still no grandfather clock . The only thing left to do was try to make one , so I did .

I used Dollar Store items and cardboard boxes .

Glued everything together , velcroed the clock in place ( to replace batteries ) , painted everything black then a few different shades of brown for highlights and shading . I was going for a leather / dark wood kind of look .

I think it will fit in with the indoor decorations from last year ( photos in Gallery ) .

Thanks for looking and the constant inspiration .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Holy cow! That is awesome. Never would have thought to disassemble the tombstones for add ons. Great use of Dollar store items!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Amazing! It IS really hard to imagine that is just cardboard. You could *easily* sell those! Fantastic paint job, too. Totally makes it.

·
Sleep with one eye open
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everybody for the great compliments .

Wow
I can't believe you made THAT out of cardboard. The cool paint job is what does it!
You should make several of those and sell them on eBay. Bet you could get $100 or more for one.
Amazing! It IS really hard to imagine that is just cardboard. You could *easily* sell those! Fantastic paint job, too. Totally makes it.
Creepy Creations and hauntcrazy , the hardest thing about making them out of cardboard was walking through Walmart with a tape measure trying to find empty boxes that came close to the sizes I wanted . Thanks for the compliment on the paint job .

Wow, that is incredible work! Very cool!
Osenator , sorry to see your pro haunt got sidetracked . Looking forward to seeing your home haunt .

Holy cow! That is awesome. Never would have thought to disassemble the tombstones for add ons. Great use of Dollar store items!
Love it! Now I wish I hadn't got rid of all those darn foam tombstones!
Just J and Pumpkinprincess , I was trying to carve a piece of foam to look like a skull ( like the ones on the Dollar Store headstones ) when I thought " why not use the $ store skull ? " :)

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
That is totally cool and great use of other items. How did you create the "chinese chippendale" trim pieces?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fantastic! Thank you for showing the steps.

I love working with cardboard. Light, strong, malleable, and best of all, cheap :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
this is so simple its AWESOME and what makes it so great is the fact that i sell 80 %of the items you showed
great jog things like this are the reason i love HALLOWEEN FORUM and every one it it grest job

1 - 20 of 82 Posts