Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the place you want to go to buy the 3 axis skull you've been waiting to get your hands on.

I've spent a lot of time developing this, and I'm finally ready to open the store and offer it to the public. Please stop by and look around! and if you don't mind, share the link anywhere you can.

http://halloweenskulls.com

You can get a high quality, great looking 3 axis skull for a little less than the going price of most other companies when you compare it to their versions that include the same things that mine does. A LOT less than others. I wanted to keep the price down as much as I could, and it was hard to do with the cost of 3D printing, but the result is stunning.

Hope to see some of you at the store.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey HalloweenBob I just went to the store and was trying to look around at the products you sell and I had a problem navigating the mobile site. When I clicked on the menu and tried to get to the store page the menu wouldnt go away for me to look around. All I could see was just a big gray box with the menu selections and could not acess anything else on the site. I am trying to get some information as to what is included in the kit, price, how much is shipping and if they are plug and play

If you could let me know that info and what the turn around time is that would help me alot.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that. I'm not really up on optimizing the site for mobile, but the template I used is supposed to support it. On the computer, if you click again on the edge of the page away from the menu icons, they disappear and the grey goes away. Alternately, just scroll down the page until you reach the Store Section. It's all on one page. The store will officially open at 11:00am, so until then you won't be able to browse the items in the store. Maybe I can have things ready a bit early. I'll give it a try.

Bob

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The store is now open. Sleepersatty99, I hope what I typed above has solved your issues with the website on a mobile device.

·
Registered
600 Posts
$799 thats to much for us home haunters . You can get a complete plug and play from Frightprops for less then these.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Frightprops skull is not a 3 axis skull. There is an option for it to turn left and right. The eyes appear to turn left and right as well, but only one axis, and only one color LED.

Mine is a full 3 axis skull with a newly redesigned mechanism, along with 2 axis moving eyes, lighted by Tri-color LEDs. It includes a DMX servo controller board, our own realistic skull design, and it's ready to run a program from VSA. It can also be made to move and talk live with the right software.

I made this to last using only the highest quality parts, and it is right in line with the Frightprops price, but gives you more, and a little less than the Monster guts price (if you add all the features that mine comes with), and half the price of a Skulltronix skull. I tried to keep the price down as much as I could and still be able to afford to be in business. The custom 3D printed design does bring the cost up, but also brings the quality and the look up several notches. I am examining what I can do to lower the cost and will re-evaluate everything to see where I can save money with bulk purchases, and the like. For now, however, I am having a grand opening sale of $100.00 off starting August 23rd and going until September 9th. I will give out a coupon code to enter at checkout and it will be advertised here. I started designing these because I wanted to buy one, and couldn't afford what was out there at the time, which was really only Skulltronix back then. I started designing and making my own because the prices were too high, so my goal was to make something for people like me. The price will come down as 3D printing becomes more mainstream and gets cheaper, but for now, this was the best I could do without cutting features and quality.

The coupon code is only for the complete assembled skulls, but you are not limited to one. You can use it for as many purchases as you want. Just purchase 1 skull per purchase and use the code each time. The store software will only give you the discount on 1 skull per purchase, so if you bought 2 in the same purchase, you would only get the discount on one. But there is no limit to the number of times you can come back and use the same code. Once I create the code, I will post it here and email it directly to anyone who goes to the website and sends me an email. Share the code if you like, Post it on the forums, do whatever you like with it. The only restriction is the time it runs for, from Aug 23rd to Sept. 9th.

·
Registered
234 Posts
HalloweenBob,

I've been following your 3-axis skull thread since it's inception in 2007 and even built two of my own (based on your original design) many years ago. Every year I check out your web site to see what Sindy Skinless and the Decomposers have been up to. I see you have been very busy. The new design looks incredible.

I would love to see the mechanics behind the scene. It looks like the new design is based on the rack and pinion design you had. Is it the same or different? Would you have an internal skull video that you could share?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you!! Glad to hear from you. Yes, it is based on my original rack and pinion design from back in 2009. I have refined and improved it, but the concept and movement is basically the same. The new design is smoother, designed specifically to make sure every skull has exactly the same servo settings, and uses much less hardware to put it together utilizing interlocking parts and designs that are only possible (Or practical) because of 3D printing. The biggest plus is that I am making the entire skull. That means you get a better looking product, and it is specifically designed to house all the mechanical parts. Again, this is a move in the direction of eliminating variables that can affect your servo settings and make differences between the skulls. My goal is to have every skull be completely interchangeable without ever having to tweak a servo setting. As for internal videos, I haven't made any yet, but I am in the middle of producing a set of assembly instructions for people who buy the DIY version of the skull. This series of videos will show how it all goes together and the proper order in which parts are assembled, and it will show how all the internal parts move together and work. The eye mechanism is completely new and as far as I know, the only one like it. With this design, which you will see as soon as I finish up my videos, there is no gap around the eyes where you can see inside the skull like in all rear mounted eye mechanisms where the eyes are attached to the plates inside the skull and then slide through holes in the skull from the back. I do it the other way around which means that they eyes load in from the front and completely hide the eye socket holes looking like they are just suspended in the sockets. I really like this new design, and the whole skull, but of course, I may be a little biased. My plan for the company is to sell some skulls to help finance my work on building more robust, better designed moving arms like the ones I designed for Sindy Skinless and the Decomposers. They will be installed by simply swapping out the arms that are already on the Bucky skeleton and should only take a few minutes to install. It will take a while for me to take my existing designs and modify them into fool-proof easy to install working out-of-the-box arms, but that's my goal. When I'm done developing, you will have everything you would need right in my store to set up your own quartet and make your own routines for them, or just purchase any of the existing ones that I have already made. I'm even thinking of setting up a routine exchange, where people who have made their own routines for either single skulls, whole skeletons, or full quartets can upload their routines and grab others all for free. Put one in, take one. That way we can get more great talent out there for quartets and expand their repertoire. Don't forget that I am having a sale on the skulls starting on the 23rd. I will be posting the coupon code here for $100.00 off each assembled skull you buy. Thanks again for the kind words and questions. When I'm done with the assembly videos, I will post them here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts