Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I fell in love with these: Unknown.jpeg but not the $29 price tag plus shipping.

So I saw a pack of 3 plastic baseballs at dollar tree---$1

I had these paints and sprays on hand: IMG_0832.jpg

I loved Spookmarts eyeballs from a couple years back : IMG_7099.jpg

So I did a combo, and here are the quick and dirty steps....

1. Spray baseballs brown (you could even use whiffleballs too-I used one and planning on throwing a tiny led in there )
2. Quick dusting with stone spray- or if you don't have, throw some sand on it for texture.
2. Find and print an eyeball online
3. Modgepodge the eyeball on.
4. Moss: put in a box and spray it the bright red
5. MP the moss on or spray glue- you can add other elements too- I cut some hair off an old horse mask. Heck ladies, you can use your own after clog the sink after showering. I know it happens to me...:D
6. Dab the moss and ball with the burnt sienna
7 Clear gloss polyacrylic spray for shiny eyeball.
8. I think it needs to be shinier--use clear nail polish or shellac.

IMG_0830.jpg IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wish I saw this sooner, great job!!! I thought the GR ones looked so cool, i ordered some a few weeks a go & just got them last week...THEY ARE CRAP!!! they look horrible and nowhere near anything as good as the pictures, and certainly not even anywhere close to as good as yours! Yours look like more of what I was expecting for the $24 I spent on them (on sale)...yours are amazing!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
those are fantastic ... like you I held off buying them ... now that they are affordable and thanks to you ... now know how to make them ... I think they are a future project ... thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts