Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some windows I made to hold 32" monitors for a customer. Sadly I didn't get to do any of the distressing/painting (the fun stuff). Let me know what you think!

And to clarify, the video clip I created was just something I was playing with. The customer is making their own effect with actors. The video wasn't sold with the windows.

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Just watched your video a second time. Had watched it this morning but was short of time to take it all in and comment. Have to say that was very nice clean construction on those window frames. And I learned something about "French cleats" I think you called it.

I loved the idea of using the monitors to display images in the windows, and honestly I think what you threw together to show off what the look could be with a monitor and special effects video was pretty impressive in itself. I thought the apparition fading in and out of the stain glass was a cool effect there.

Out of curiosity do you know what your customer had in mind for presenting with the actors (assume making their own video to run off the monitors from what you wrote)? I could easily see vampires, ghosts, a hunchback or even Cinderella's mean step-sisters LOL, etc. pairing with them.

Booked marked your thread and will check out your other work. Thank you so much for sharing here. Even without the projections in the windows I think they look awesome.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spookie!

The haunt I made these for dont tell me whole lot but on these particular windows, there are four of them which I believe will be along a single wall and they will have some sort of apparition that floats from one window to the next, to the next and so on. Cant wait to see it myself when they're done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts