Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 381 Posts

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Polymer clay artists love to make plants, and there are numerous how-to books on the subject. Most of the time they're making 1:12 scale miniatures so the quantities of components would need to be massively upsized but the fundamental techniques should be the same. I have some old books kicking around that I'll need to consult. This one on Amazon looks particularly promising. I haven't been to Polymer Clay Central in years but I'm sure they are the same friendly, welcoming bunch they always were. They would definitely be your go-to source for where to purchase clay in one pound sizes, molding compounds, as well as general (and advanced) information about using the medium.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Have you seen the pinterest pages with the pool noodles used for window arches? I have a few of those pinned on my page. Im actually doing one for my porch this year. Going to build it in. Looks easy enough. Heres a link to one. There are also a few that have used cardboard and foam board if that would be cheaper.
I know the dollar tree has pool noodles , they usually put those out in the spring.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/25543922860469656/

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/494410865312031482/
The grave cages I believe you guys are talking about. I was thinking you may be able to achieve this look with soft twigs and black electrical tape. Should be fairly cheap. The twigs I mean are the kind you use to get a switching with, haha.... long skinny bendable kind. My dad use to get them from the bushes outside our house. You could build some sort of frame and use a staple gun to attach them to the frame.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Booswife02 ok love both ideas you posted I will be getting some pool noodles for sure and love thegrave cage i have this one bush that I just maybeable to use this for and they have spiks on them . To cool loving all the ideas peeps keep them coming

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
I'm wondering if 2 tomato cages cut & "layed out" top to top would make a quick easy cage........ Just thinking here. I may add one to my hillside cemetery & the pool noodle arches on the garage windows which will be behind the cemetery. ;)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Love that Evil Elf i got today well they are over at my moms but will get them 3 huge windows like this i am going to build some sort of green house / mosuleaum thing with. i am hoping she comes aross a 4th one by sprin she works at a glass shop

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
41 - 60 of 381 Posts