Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 381 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Lol bluefrog you so need to do gothic cemetary this year for sure. I was out taking christmas stuff down and organizing shed and I am like oh ya these cool rod iron
Baskets will fit into this graveyard for sure . Have started keeping eye on craiglist for goodies I can use lol

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Hi Saki, I was just on Collections Etc website looking for cool Clearance items and thought of your theme. Not sure if you have shopped with this company before but it is pretty fairly priced and there is almost always a promo code online for percentage off or free shipping. There are a lot of whimsical type garden things that im sure with your talent you could make something amazing out of. Heres a link in case you are interested.

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Products/Outdoor-amp-Garden/category.aspx/_/N-mxm8

Another super good deal that I found was this
http://www.countrydoor.com/Casita-Floor-Candle-Stand.pro?omSource=SLI&

wish so much I could get one of these before they are gone. I paid $40 for the spirit candelabra this year, this would be useful in all different kinds of settings for that price.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Saki, I was just on Collections Etc website looking for cool Clearance items and thought of your theme. Not sure if you have shopped with this company before but it is pretty fairly priced and there is almost always a promo code online for percentage off or free shipping. There are a lot of whimsical type garden things that im sure with your talent you could make something amazing out of. Heres a link in case you are interested.

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Products/Outdoor-amp-Garden/category.aspx/_/N-mxm8

Another super good deal that I found was this
http://www.countrydoor.com/Casita-Floor-Candle-Stand.pro?omSource=SLI&

wish so much I could get one of these before they are gone. I paid $40 for the spirit candelabra this year, this would be useful in all different kinds of settings for that price.
OMG that is such a cool candelabra i hope there is 2 there come friday pay day i want them bad

thank you for the links to cool i have shoped at the collection but had forgotten about them i now have them booked marked i am sure i can find some cool things for my haunt there thank you again to cool

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
OMG that is such a cool candelabra i hope there is 2 there come friday pay day i want them bad

thank you for the links to cool i have shoped at the collection but had forgotten about them i now have them booked marked i am sure i can find some cool things for my haunt there thank you again to cool
I just tried and they are no longer available. :(
I have my 3 Brass Floor Spiral Candelabras, double ring & heart ones. Thinking of selling the ring & heart ones.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Im a clearance shopping addict, ill keep looking for you. I hope you get the candleabras to! Ive just been looking over the garden link and it is really beautiful, its going to be great! Britta has some cool plants listed in her books. Do you have those?
i dont have those books i will have to check it out

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
to bad Bethany :(
heres a link to Britta, I have her books and they are great. She has some pretty cool plants and ideas on how to display them that I think would be helpful to you Saki
http://www.eerieelegance.com/

heres the actual greenery link
http://www.eerieelegance.com/podcasts/EnhancedEE/GhostlyGreenery.mov

if you buy the books the one that has the flora section is Enhanced Eerie Elegance. The first eerie elegance doesn't have any flora in it. Just fyi, I love them both though

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
cool those look like fantastic books for sure i need to get those i would love to do something like this in my back yard for it. this year .
.. 1.jpg

I do know i want to have a garden arch and make a gothic chadleir to hang from it. have a idea for it all ready.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
cool those look like fantastic books for sure i need to get those i would love to do something like this in my back yard for it. this year .
.. View attachment 188766

I do know i want to have a garden arch and make a gothic chadleir to hang from it. have a idea for it all ready.
Saki, I've seen where people have taken kids play houses (like the little tykes or Step2) and use them as mosoleums. I hope to add one to my grave yard if I can find one cheap or by the road. ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you fear being buried alive, there are many options in Victorian safety coffins that signal the living should you find yourself six feet under.
A tombstone with a ringing bell in front of it would be a great touch! Either that, or have a horn of some sort with a faint voice pleading for help emanating from it.

And I swear that Green Man sculptures were once used to determine whether someone was telling the truth or lying - the mouth said to snap shut on the hand of a liar. For some reason I'm not finding that particular myth on the web tonight but I have it firmly in my head and having a Green Man with a hand in its mouth would be wicked, wicked fun.
I believe you're thinking of this.

Speaking of greenery, carnivorous plants would be a great fit for a gothic garden. Especially ones based on the Triffids from the 80's TV miniseries adaptation.

You might be able to get further inspiration from steampunk websites and these Victorian-looking printable goodies might also come in handy.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
1.jpg
Saki, I've seen where people have taken kids play houses (like the little tykes or Step2) and use them as mosoleums. I hope to add one to my grave yard if I can find one cheap or by the road. ;)
ya my goal is to build a shed to look like a mosuleum one can use for my hunts 2 store all my halloween in it :) but i will keep a eye out for one of those little houses for a mini one great idea

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
A tombstone with a ringing bell in front of it would be a great touch! Either that, or have a horn of some sort with a faint voice pleading for help emanating from it.

I believe you're thinking of this.

Speaking of greenery, carnivorous plants would be a great fit for a gothic garden. Especially ones based on the Triffids from the 80's TV miniseries adaptation.

You might be able to get further inspiration from steampunk websites and these Victorian-looking printable goodies might also come in handy.
oh love the Carnivorous Plants of Paper Mache to cool
the victoring light print outs are awsome thanks so much for shareing very cool stuff everyone keep the ideas coming :)

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Atomic Mystery Monster, thank you! I would have driven myself nuts trying to find it.

Oh wow, those candle stands are spectacular! The last thing I "need" is another object to hold candles - in fact, I need to scale back - but those are killer. I'm almost relieved they are no longer available.

On the subject of gifty type places to shop for décor, there is always the old standby of Design Toscano. They've changed their "themes" so Gothic is no longer listed but there are lots of suitable items throughout the site. Sales are frequent so never buy anything at "full price." If you live in the Chicago area, do be sure to shop their once-a-year warehouse sale for real bargains.

21 - 40 of 381 Posts