Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my wonderful fabulous friends, I am calling upon your expertise, my best friend is having her first baby, and loving all things Gothic, she has asked me to host her baby shower.

I have already done the invitations. Will post pics today. The cards are made up of black card stock, with pink skull and crossbones(with bow on top). Pink and silver rhinestones cover the outside of the invitation.

Now I am asking for any other ideas, suggestions that you can give to make this a truly Gothic baby shower.

Think Pink and Black, skull and crossbones(with bow on top).

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is the first thing I thought of when I read your post.

Halloween Themes & Ideas: Ghoul's Night Halloween Party

I also have visions of pacifiers with skulls attached over the top (the handle part - not the part that goes into the mouth). Pink pacifiers with black skulls and glitter? You could possibly use them as napkin rings.

Here is another idea from Hostess With the Mostess (I LOVE her site!). This one is a hot pink baby shower theme. You could get some ideas from this. Substitue black for the white in any of the ideas she has shown and it would be quite impressive. REAL PARTIES: Hot Pink Baby Shower | Hostess with the Mostess®

I LOVE this idea for a baby shower! Too cute!

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
firedancer you hit the nail on the head with this picture.
. This is the theme I am doing...

I really can't wait to get home and take a photo of the invitations to show you guys.

This is the party set I ordered today.. Don't care so much for the pirate theme, but it has everything else we are going for.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Firedancer - thanks for posting the clothing link! I've GOT to order some stuff. The hubby will get such a kick out of some of their stuff. Can't have our baby looking all wimpy all the time. ;) Plus it will totally freak grandma out (my mom). hehehe

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
wouldn't freak this grandmother out, this stuff rocks. my daughter however would freak but if i was throwing the party, at the same time she wouldn't be surprised. so do you have game ideas? or are you having games?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
wouldn't freak this grandmother out, this stuff rocks. my daughter however would freak but if i was throwing the party, at the same time she wouldn't be surprised. so do you have game ideas? or are you having games?
That's a good thing! :D My mom is pretty vanilla, bless her heart. lol She doesn't get the whole skull thing and she certainly doesn't get the "biker look" John & I sport at times. lol

I CAN'T WAIT to put baby in something with a skull on it...she will roll her eyes FOR SURE. :D

Sorry...back to the original topic now. :eek:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Your welcome Jackie. My daughters are little rocker chicks:D I love that style of clothing for kids. Did you say for a girl? If so, those onesies are sooooo cute with tutus.

Ok, sorry, enough hijacking :D
lol I love it! I would melt seeing your little girls. I also love that style. You won't be seeing my little one in a bunch of yuppie clothes (not that there's anything wrong with it, just not for us).

Nope, we don't know the sex so I will have to wait until after baby comes.

There's flannel at JoAnne's fabrics that has skulls on it, some in blue & some in pink. I am SO going to buy some after the baby comes and sew a little blanket to wrap em up in.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Firedancer - thanks for posting the clothing link! I've GOT to order some stuff. The hubby will get such a kick out of some of their stuff. Can't have our baby looking all wimpy all the time. ;) Plus it will totally freak grandma out (my mom). hehehe
OK so I'm not the only grandmother who freaks at Goth baby clothes! Whew! Now I feel almost normal! Or perhaps just generationaly appropriate. hehehe

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Absolutely LOVE the invitations. I just started card making and that is inspiring. What kind of rhinestones did you use? I mean, are they already sticky or did you use glue?

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
the invitations are great! I just love the whole 'shower' thing you guys have over there. What a great idea & so original to have a gothic one! I can't wait to see pics! Good luck! :cool:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts