Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pictures from a home here in town. THe woman has more money than she knows what to do with. She owns 32 dogs who are treated like royalty. When I go back I get a picture of the contest she runs. She sits inside the gates on Halloween dressed as a princess and hands out Willy Wonka bars, several of which have 100 dollar bills in them. The banners are pictures of her dogs in costume. Nice to see how the other half lives. LOL

RH 003.jpg

RH 002.jpg

RH 004.jpg

RH 006.jpg

RH 011.jpg

RH 009.jpg

RH 001.jpg

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
Yes, but she obviously loves Halloween. Makes her a okay in my book. Can you imagine getting a $100 dollar bill in your candy bar. When we lived in the Chicago suburbs, Michael Jordan and his wife would open the gates to their estate each Halloween and give out candy. Gotta love it.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
I like the pumpkins. At least she has the Halloween spirit!!!

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
Personally, I kind of respect her restraint. I can't imagine the lunacy that would ensue at Halloween if I had access to nearly unlimited piles of cash. :rolleyes:

I'd also be willing to wager that the post-trick-or-treat trading of candy between friends and siblings NEVER involves trading away anything that comes from that house.....I like the prospect of a 'Payday' actually containing a payday. :cool:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice decorations. I love the banners with the dogs. That would be awesome as a kid to get a candy bar with cash in it...heck, that would be awesome as an adult to get a candy bar with cash in it. :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes, but she obviously loves Halloween. Makes her a okay in my book. Can you imagine getting a $100 dollar bill in your candy bar. When we lived in the Chicago suburbs, Michael Jordan and his wife would open the gates to their estate each Halloween and give out candy. Gotta love it.
Agreed. Its a nice gesture giving to the kids.

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Gee don't we all kind of want to turn our house/yards into a Disneyland Haunted Mansion setting of sorts if we could? I like her house and think it's very tastefully decorated. I'm not particularly into the dog thing but lots of kids and their parents probably enjoy it. Definitely not totally my style but still like it. Doesn't look like she needs to build gates for her house (a bit too ornate for me) but having real gates to work with is totally cool in my book.

Personally the fact that she decorates at all and makes it fun for the kids on top of it is pretty neat and handing out candy in costume...well I wish my parents would have exhibited some of that getting into the spirit more.

I kind of feel like you're objecting to what she is doing somehow and just not sure if you are bothered by the decorating, dogs, her dressing up as a princess, the fact she has a nice lifestyle or her handing out money, but the post kind of leaves me feeling that way. She could just as easily lock her gates and turn away Trick or Treaters.

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
That is fantastic!! She probably makes ToTing a very exciting day for her neighborhood! ...Not to mention 10 VERY happy ToTs getting a special "Golden Ticket" in their candy bar! Love all her huge, fancy pumpkins lining the way, too, one of which is a contest to guess the weight for a chance to win a family one year pass to the YMCA! More fun for the visitors! That pic of her walking all those puppies made me smile...I love animals!!!! It seems she does, too, with how well her babies are treated and how many she has adopted from shelters...even those with special needs. Glad she is using ToT to also spread the word of adoption of animals, as well. A good night all around for children and animals! If I had that kind of money, I'd totally do stuff like that!!! Fun! I know her decor isn't as spooky as many like, but it's totally festive, regardless, and I'd LOVE to have all those awesome pumpkins. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts