Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year's invitation rhyme (thanks to our wonderful forum and some creative minds):

Our Halloween Bash is an Annual Affair,
You and a Friend are Invited, if You Dare.
A Word of Caution, You Should Take and Be Aware,
Those Attending Should Be Ready for a Frightful Scare.

Join all Spirits By the bonfire blazing bright
Push back the chill of winter's night!
November 7th, 2008
8 to Midnight, Don’t Be Late,
Prepare Yourself as the Pale Moon Rises,
For A Haunted Trail Full of Surprises.

Into the Woods, Bring Blankets and Chairs,
Then Get Ready for Some Halloween Scares!
Wear Your Costumes, That’s Our Request,
Honor it Not and You Will Be Dressed!

The Best Costume Will Win a Prize,
And Stand in Victory Before All Eyes.
But That’s Not All, Before You Go,
Stay For A Scary Movie That We’ll Show!

So Face Your Fears and Feel No Pain,
But Remember It’s Postponed in Case of Rain!

This year's theme is basically the same, but I wanted to change the rhyme. Need my creative friends to help again this year...

We aren't doing the haunted trail again this year...it's just too hard to effectively scare teenagers for the amount of work it takes...

We are doing:
bonfire
costumes required or we will dress them
costume contest
postponed in case of rain
bring chairs and blankets to the woods
showing outdoor scary movie (Trick R' Treat)

We will be showing Trick R' Treat and the 5 teenage hostesses are dressing as fairy tale characters. Obviously, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I would like to incorporate something into the rhyme re: Trick R' Treat.

Here's a description I found of the movie: maybe some of this can be incorporated into the invite....

"It is said that Halloween is the night when the dead rise to walk among us and other unspeakable things roam free. The rituals of All Hallows' Eve were devised to protect us from their evil mischief, and one small town is about to be taught a terrifying lesson that some traditions are best not forgotten. Nothing is what it seems when a suburban couple learns the dangers of blowing out a jack-o'-lantern before midnight; four women cross paths with a costumed stalker at a local festival; a group of pranksters goes too far and discovers the horrifying truth buried in a local legend; and a cantankerous old hermit is visited by a strange trick-or-treater with a few bones to pick. Costumes and candy, ghouls and goblins, monsters and mayhem: ... The tricks and treats of Halloween turn deadly as strange creatures of every variety—human and otherwise—try to survive the scariest night of the year."

Thanks in advance!!!
Kaye

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Strangebrew - where are you?

Strangebrew wrote most of the rhyme last year and did such an awesome job! Where are you Strangebrew? I need your rhyming skills again :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Invitaiton 2009

Worked on it myself yesterday...
what do you think? I still am not sold on the last two sentences on the cover, where it gives the date. Any help?

It's simple and not so fancy, but we had out around 200 invitations so it has to be cost effective.

Up for changes/suggestions.

TIA
Kaye

Oustide cover

Inside of card minus all pertinent info that I didn't want to put on the web :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts