Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Thanks for the review. Pose-N-Stay is a trademarked name and the ones GrandinRoad and Costco and a few others have carried. It looks to me that the Home Depot site just labels the $30 skeletons as "poseable". Not the same at all. Their $164 and $175 skeltons they sell are Season's Pose-N-Stays....at those prices like way over priced compared to other places selling them. I think it's HD's way of funneling people into buying their $30 skeleton.

I can see where not having a moveable head is a decorating hindrance. Don't know if the skull is smaller than the PNS but it looks a bit on the small side. Curious what the underside of the feet look like. He looks right at home in your chair!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The overall scale is just slightly smaller. Here is the hang tag. You can see it clearly says, "Pose N Stay".
The feet are tops only.
skeleton tag.jpg

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,956 Posts
RED EYES!! ACK!!

The head not moving is a bummer. Does the jaw open.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the jaw opens and closes. You just can't turn the head. :(
They have the led eyes but they don't show up if not turned on. You can leave them off and not even notice them.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,241 Posts
thanks for the review I have bought a bunch of stuff from home depot so far loving it all
got the
Chasing White Ghosts Projection Spotlight
Fire and Ice Red/Orange Spotlight
Fire and Ice Purple Spotlight

I really like all three of these.

coming is
Whirl-A-Motion Witches with Cats Green Projection Spotlight
9 ft. H Projection Inflatable Fire and Ice Dragon with Wings
5 ft. Animated Bewitching Cauldron Sisters
and have the fogger on the way also :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I was drooling over the ones at biglots today but I just couldn't spend $50 on them. Now I might just have to buy one of these

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
wondering if a little dry brush paint might help bring out the details.

based on how these type of skeletons are assembled... is ther maybe a screw that can be removed to allow thhe head to turn?
can you take a pic of where the head attached to the neck?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
RED EYES!! ACK!!
I agree. Red LED eyes just screams: "STORE BOUGHT, STORE-BOUGHT.."
I usually pull out my soldering iron and put different colored LEDs in their place.
You can probably dress up the teeth a bit with some acrylic paints.
Good deal, though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I received my two skeletons today. I get the LED comments because those comment are more about style. But I am at a loss on the complaining about these skeletons by people who have not purchased them. Are they better than Costco?- No. I own four Costco skeletons. But if you don't have a Costco, these skeletons are a fine stand in and you save some money to boot.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree with Col Fright. I got mine today as well. I have one Bucky, 2 Costcos and 3 of the Walgreens. The Home Depot skeletons are not as good as the Costcos but better than the Wallys. It is hard to beat $30 and you can always remove the LED eyes and use them elsewhere. Just my opinion.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. Red LED eyes just screams: "STORE BOUGHT, STORE-BOUGHT.."
I usually pull out my soldering iron and put different colored LEDs in their place.
You can probably dress up the teeth a bit with some acrylic paints.
Good deal, though.
Store bought? Really? I hate to break it to you, but I think everybody is aware that the plastic skeletons we put in our yard ALL came from a store. I don't think we're fooling anybody. ;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
All the ACK!!!! reminds me of Bill the Cat from Bloom County. Probably just dated myself there.....:D
You do realize Bloom County is back right?? Look on facebook for the author, Berkley Breathed. He has brought the strip back to life!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Does anyone know if Home Depot plans to carry these skeletons again this year?
I missed out last year and was hoping to make up for it this time around.
I've checked their website a few times and in doesn't show up, but it's early yet.
If anyone has the inside scoop on Home Depot's 2016 Halloween offerings,
Please let the rest of us know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just bought a skelly at Big Lots that is poseable and the arms want stay in place and the left has teeth off the ratchet mechanism at the knee joint. Going back tomorrow. Dang it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts