Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got more than 400 bags of candy ready (small chocolat bar, 2 candy and a marshmallow per bag), still need to go buy more, we always get more than 500 kids, how many candy do you get?

·
Registered
55 Posts
We're in a new and growing development. Last year we had between 40 and 50 TOT's. This year we have 60 full size bars on hand, but I think we're gonna buy some more just in case. I wish we could get 500+ at our place!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wish! I bought two bags and I know I'm going to have leftovers. Last year we had 12 kids. This my husband and my 2nd year in a new home, and while the neighborhood is quiet and great, there aren't a lot of young kids around. AND we live in a cul-de-sac at the end of a pretty long road, so most kids just pass by. BUT the plan is to slowly build an awesome haunt and eventually build a reputation so those TOT's will make the trek.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
We get more and more each year, as more people have gotten to know about our display. We've gone from like 3 toter's the first year, to around 45 last year. Not sure how many will show this year. I am making up treat bags now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't bought candy yet. Will get some in the next couple days. We tend to get 100-150 TOTs or so, but I don't make individual bags, just pass out a couple 2 or 3 pieces each.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
I have around 1100 individual pieces candy; some fun size, some minis. We get around 500 kids so enough for 2 pieces per kid plus some extra. If things slow down and we still have candy, I'll be very generous.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We had 140 kids last year (I think) so we made up 160 bags and have some loose left over in case I miscounted... lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
We bought a ton of the stuff last night. Mostly minis. Last year we bought more fun size stuff than I could imagine actually giving out and we totally ran out of candy by 9 or so. Personally, I like an idea somebody put out there as a joke on another thread of individually wrapping M&Ms to make it last longer! :rolleyes:

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We have 600 individual pieces of candy. Each ToTer get a small handful. Last few years we only get around 100.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I had an 18 gallon storage tote filled to the top with candy - used all but one full bag and a few stray pieces of candy. I think it was about 50 to 60 pounds of candy.
I've figured it was about 750 kids, roughly speaking.

Already picked up a couple bags of Laffy Taffy, a few bags of Skittles, and a dozen boxes of Ring Pops (22 per box) to start next years hand-out stash.
(and yes, I do test stuff before I put it out for ToT's - anything not up-to-snuff gets round filed, so no one gets bad candy)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts