Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hello,

You don't know me, but I see you briefly every Halloween when I take my son Trick-or-Treating. This year, you gave my son a Hot Wheels Helicopter."

(big giant car carrier that lights up and makes noise)

"I just wanted to tell you how much joy your gift gave my son. Even though he Trick-or-Treats every year, due to a food allergy, he is unable to enjoy many of the treats he receives.

But this year was different! He came home with something he was truly able to enjoy. He was so excited to show everyone, even taking it to school for Show & Tell..."

The note goes on saying very nice things... but that's the meat. In all these years, I've only gotten one other thank you note. I know it's silly, but this totally made my day,

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Very cool! In the '90's we got two Thank You notes in our mail slot, but never a card. We DID, however, get a receipt from a dry cleaner. Apparently my son, overzealous, had flung "guts" at the TOTs . And this one kid had a stain on his brand new ski jacket... But my wife tracked the mother down and paid the bill.

·
Registered
135 Posts
that's soooo cool :) got that once from a guy who had taken photos and made a poster for me. turns out he was a pro photographer
and his son had the best Halloween ever..
then one year, I got the playdoh packages cosco had, got so many thank you from parents walking by the next few weeks that I was surprise
what giving just little containers of playdoh could do.
still to this day, years later they remember, this year, one parent told me how excited her son was when he got that. he couldn't wait to get home and then wouldnt' stop playing with it for weeks.. my wife was amazed too hearing her talk about that.. that year, I was giving it to the younger kids with their treat bags :)

makes it all worth it.. :-D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm. I've always wondered about Play-Doh and debated whether it would be seen as good treat or a potential nightmare for parents. Good to hear it was well-received. With my gift recipient taking his treat to the school's Show & Tell, methinks I'm gonna get a few more TOTs next year.

My neighbors will be sooooo pleased. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts