Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I will apply to be a volunteer to decorate the White House at Christmas...one day...& if I did have free reign (though I'm sure that would NEVER happen) I'd probably toss up trees just like these (or worse)!

No matter what you think of the current adminstration, love it or hate it, set it aside & just marvel at the beauty of these lovely, weird, red berry topiaries that are just.....gory, odd, yet festive & artsy!

I was intrigued by them & thought "I think my Halloween Forum friends will "get" these trees!"

I'm a tad biased because red is my favourite color so I don't really have a problem with them, but the FLOTUS is getting a lot of flack for them & the memes abound already, but I really dig them!

Yes, it's a bit much all together. It might be a bit more palatable for most if it were, I dunno, say...alternating red & green. But I still like it.

Your thoughts on this part of the display? Please, as always, keep your comments to the decor, keep your love or hate of the current folks living there & running the country to yourself.

RELEASE THE MEMES!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd also love to see the White House just decked out in wall-to-wall kitschy Christmas stuff just once. It's always grand, real trees, lovely & tasteful, with trees for Gold Star families, for kids, for vets, for the states, the giant gingerbread White House,a new theme every year, etc. etc. but I don't recall EVER seeing a shiny, aluminum tree with pink balls & a color wheel!!

Maybe one of the past (or present) POTUS & FLOTUS keep (or kept) that for their private residence there, but just ONCE I'd love to see one of the lower rooms done to look like atomic, vintage 50s/60s era Christmas threw up!!

So...sorta like MY house!!:D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'd prefer a darker red - more burgundy. In the pics they are lighter red?

Slightly too many perhaps - I would intersperse with traditional green ones as a contrast.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Again too much of one colour - it becomes a little overpowering if there is nothing to break all the whiteness up.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boy, Betty Ford looks so frickin' happy in that pic! Ya gotta give Nancy Reagan props for her trees, I like hers too.

If you ever get a chance to tour the WH for Christmas go for it. I haven't seen it since the 80s during the Reagan years & I recall it being spectacular. But that was back when security was bare minimum & it felt like you could easily just sneak into the wrong places. The tree on the Mall & the surrounding trees are OK & better at night than during the day.

The pic of the tiny tree with the Nixon & Eisenhower dogs with that creepy Santa is hilarious!
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/1969-white-house-christmas-516537740-1511994485.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=980:*

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
The pic of the twin girls from "The Shining"? That belongs on a calendar as the December picture. Love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts