Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had to put my cat Katoga down. He had been having liver problems and today found out that his lungs were filling with fluid and his heart was starting to fail. After 12 years of him being by my side I will miss him sleeping on my stomach. The days I would come home and he'd be waiting and meowing at the door. He was so small when I brought him home we were not sure he was going to make it. But he was always strong. Now he's resting by our other cat, the same one he would pounce on in his youth. R.I.P. my trusted friend. You will never be forgotten.

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
I'm so very sorry Blakkheart. I have the very same affinity for little furry souls. Hopefully another friend (by no means a replacement of course) will come into your life when the time is right for you.

·
Registered
823 Posts
my sympathie to you . i know how you feel it happen to me last saturday i went to the vet thinking it was diabetes and it was the liver and some other thing so it's so hard to take that decision but that was the best for her and i am sure you did the right thing too . I am waiting for them to call me to go pick up the little cedar box with her ashes ( some people said to me i was stupid to want her ashes) Just before Halloween it will always made me remember her

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much. It's hard to put your feelings into words. I knew he was suffering and could not stand seeing him that way. I will always remember the good times and remember his strong will. But will miss him jumping into my bed at 7:00 in the morning, or begging for food at the table the way he always would. He was my first and will always be number 1.

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
Blakkheart, you have my sympathies. It's awful having to let a furbuddy go, even when it's the most compassionate thing to do... I know it's small consolation, but sparing your kitty more discomfort was a kindness.

I went through a similar scenario a few years ago with my bubula-kitty (kidneys) and will be facing it again with my fuzzy-butt (liver) in the future. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope time eases your grief and allows the happy memories to surface without tears.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm so sorry to both of you. OEJ and I went through this just over a year ago. Ours was kidney failure and we tried our best to save him, but had to let him go. That little guy was my very best friend and the love of my life. We both miss him terribly.

Frenchy, I sure wish I lived near you because whoever said to you that you were stupid to keep the ashes, I'd love to smack the hell out of them. :mad:

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
I'm so sorry Blakkheart! You did the right thing to put him out of his suffering though. It's great he lived 12 years with you, and he was obviously well loved. I know I will be a complete basket case when any of my dogs or cats go. My fur babies are my world.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Blakkheart. I've been through the same thing with one of my cats a few years ago. His kidney's failed and his heart was still so strong it took 7 shots to finally put him to sleep. I stayed with him and slobbered and cried all over him but I wanted to be the last thing he saw. It's absolutely devastating. And Frenchy I had him cremated also and when I die I want him and my other cats too when they pass on to be put in my casket with me so I will always be with them. Hang in there Blakkheart!!

·
The Grated Pumpkin
1,426 Posts
My sympathies, Blakkheart... I had a dear feline friend die in my arms, literally, with no time to put him down without pain, and the moment burns me to this day. You did the right thing, and I hope that you, like me, find new life to replace the one taken from you.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Blakkheart, I'm so sorry to hear about Katoga...often times it's our animal family members who are more dear to us than some of our humans. I know you loved him very much, and that he enjoyed a wonderful life with y'all.

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss, Blakkheart, I have had that experience too many times, it breaks your heart. I still can cry in the middle of the night for them. There isn't much else to say at a time like this, except for I feel for you,it is so hard. You will be in my thoughts,

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Blakkheart, Old Buddy, you have my sympathies. But, you know, that's part of being a Pet Owner. Maybe that's why I've gotten into Tropical Fish. You just KNOW they won't be around long.

·
MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY!
100,685 Posts
:( My heart goes out to you. I've lost a lot of beloved pets in my life, dogs
and cats. Right now I have two cats. Kitty is 11 years old. He was momma's
cat. She brought him here when he was a kitten. We used to say he was
her nineth kid. Wherever Momma went, Kitty went. After she passed away
he would walk around the house for days looking for her. The second cat
is an orange cat named Garfield. I've had him three years November 1st.
He likes to irritate Kitty, especially when he's sleeping. Garfield's always
into something, he's very mischievous! He loves chicken! He knows
Wednesday is chicken night. He runs into the kitchen when the buzzer on
the oven goes off. He don't like hot weather either. He has to have the
air conditioner in the summer. In cold weather both cats will curl up in your
lap and sleep for hours....and they don't want you to move a muscle
either. Most of the time both cats act more human than cat. They like
everybody! Garfield always wants to give your a kiss. If anything was to
happen to either of them my heart would shatter into a million pieces.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you again for your comments and support. He was on my mind most of the night of halloween. I have a Sylvester the cat stuffed toy thats holding a trick or treat bag that I had moved and set in my desk chair. While I was setting up every time I walked in the room I would glance over at the chair thinking it was Katoga. I did that twice. I think he was by my side that night but he was for sure on my mind and in my heart. I guess my heart isn't so black. lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts