Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) I need a projector for this year for my graveyard "ghosts" to make an appearance. Does anyone have thoughts on this one as a good beginner projector for someone new to projectors? (ie Me) I'd like to have a ghost projection on my back wall of my cemetery this year that looks like ghosts rising from the ground and flying off into the night.:eek: Sort of a loop video so that it looks like hundreds of ghosts are escaping into the haunted night.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I'm on the hunt for a good (and cheap) projector, too, but they usually don't go hand-in-hand :(. I'd like to project ghosts as well, probably using the Spectral Illusions DVD's.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:eek: I did a little research online and the review on this particular projector weren't that great. The general consensus was that it was an okay projector for the money. Not as bright and crisp, picture wise as other projectors. (Sigh) I hate not knowing....but then again, I don't really have $200 to throw away....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm with Mickkell on this... go Ebay and pick up a nice 'real' brand unit for cheap. I've bought a few for around 40-60 bucks each. They usually are older office projectors with some hours left on their bulbs. Since you are using them only once per year and the occasional back yard movie, they work fine. The ones with a zoom work well as it helps to be able to crop your image to your display. It gives you some leeway in setting up the location for your projector.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought mine on New Egg.com for $158 shipping included. It has 1800 lumens and contrast is over 800 and over 480. It is 1080p and has HDMI input. And it is black even! lol, It worked great with the Atmoshpere FX illusion I had on my window and this year it will be in our haunt. It is worth it as you want the lumens and contrast to be the best you can afford as that is what sells the illusion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts