Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just sharing here.. ordered one myself. I think this is a pretty good price for a fog machine. At least, at 36 bucks for a Chauvet 700watt machine it seems like a good price. I plan to use it with a prop that would trigger a burst of fog from time to time. I have two much bigger ones for the continuous fog of my grave yard area. Just hoping it doesnt rain this year being a Saturday and all! Enjoy the low price.. or at least I hope its considered a low price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002D0JX8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Just to clarify the wattage, on the Amazon page, it lists the heater as 450 watts, not 700 watts. (and actually, the F-700 specs on the Chauvet site list 471 watts)

·
Registered
244 Posts
50% of the people who bought it gave it 5 stars. I think that's a great price for that machine. I paid that much for my 400w fogger 4 years ago.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting.. didnt even look at the 700 not being 700 watts. No wonder it was so cheap. Still.. despite the mostly good but not all good reviews, for 36 bucks and its made by Chauvet.. which make decent but not great foggers.. thats a good price. I typically see the no name china brand crap at the halloween stores for 400 watts sell for more. And in this case, I didnt have to leave my home. :D

I tested it out.. took about 8 minutes to be ready.. and put out plenty of fog using the cheap stuff they give you (a full quart with the price..enough for halloween night for sure given its output volume). I held the button for 35 seconds and it was still going. It was enough "light" fog during the day to cover my entire grass area. Its not nearly as much as my bigger machines (VEI 965 and FogStorm 1200), but my sole purpose of it is to cut the manual button and wire it up to a switch to be trigger with a prop. I think a good 2 to 3 second blast every 30 seconds to minute or more will be great with this machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts