Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Target has a sale on Reese's mini peanut butter cups (IMHO they have the best Chocolate to Peanut Butter ratio) Hershey Kisses and Hershey Miniatures 2 Bags for $4, if you look closely they have them in the 10 OZ Bags but ALSO in the 18.5 OZ Bags.

That works out to be 10.8 Cents per OZ. I won't go over .16 Cents per Oz but it has been quite a while that I found this good a price.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Target has a sale on Reese's mini peanut butter cups (IMHO they have the best Chocolate to Peanut Butter ratio).
I often discuss this exact thing with people and they ALWAYS look at me like I have lost my mind.

In my opinion, the mini peanut butter cups have the 2nd best chocolate to peanut butter ratio. The first is hard to find though, so most people have not sampled it. I'll tell you what it is: you know the Reeses eggs you can get on easter? They make them in all kinds of shapes now, pumpkins and trees and what not. Those have a TERRIBLE ratio, BUT the mini version of the eggs is SUPER awesome.

So that's my idea of the perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio, the mini Reeses eggs.

Thanks for the heads up on the candy sale! No wonder my coworkers have been bringing in candy for the jar.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am on my to Target tonight! Thanks!

Oh, EvilMel, you are absolutley right! Everyone thinks I am crazy about the ratio in Reese's!! Now, i don't think I am so crazy afterall! Man, I want some right now... :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EvilMel, I agree, You are right the Resees eggs Do have the best Ratio, but year around I go for the minis, infact I think I am going to go for one right now!

Another good price for Candy is through Sunday October 5th Kmart has double coupons up to $2, so with the coupon from Sundays paper and their sale you can get Kit Kats for .12 cents an Oz. And Snickrs/Milky Way/3 Musketeers for about .10 cents per Oz.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Holy crap. You guys are the mathematicians of Halloween! :D Not only have you mastered the golden ratio of peanut butter to chocolate, but you bring the art of determining candy value to the ounce. I am so impressed!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Walmart matches other store's sales flyers and 2 weeks ago I scored BIG! Rite Aid put out a flyer that advertised the "fun size" bags of certain candy bars at $1.88 per bag. The problem was, they didn't specify in the ad what size bag it was. So off to Wally World I went with the ad in hand, picked up 8 MEGA bags of the fun size bars (normally $5 a bag) and the cashier never said a word. The picture in the ad showed the fun sized bags and that's what I got but I'm sure Rite Aid meant the 10-12 oz. bags, not the huge ones.

I don't think what I did was unethical ... it's called looking for loopholes. Our government does it all the time.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Yes, I do finally feel like less of a nutball in my chocolate to peanut butter ratio discussions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts