Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a skeleton pirate ship scene in my front yard and want to put a catchy on the bow of the "ship". So far I've got "Sea Siren" or "The Devil's Barnacle". I can't decide if I want to go hardcore scary or something w/ some humor to it (but not silly) so if people happen to notice it, they would "get it". Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,810 Posts
What's your last name start with? Or a pet/kid name? I always like incorporating something personal in there sometimes...

I do like the ones you came up with tho and they sound like a decent Pirate ship name.

Oh! What about incorporating a Halloween angle?

The Flying Pumpkin

The Wailing or Whispering Witch

The Bony Ghost

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good ideas so far. I too find real names more cooler/creepier than descriptive stuff and if that were mine I would incorporate names of relatives. IE My Grandmother's first and middle name is Charlotte Mae...

Another options is some local significance. I live in Erie County Ohio and the name comes from the Native Indians that settled here. SNIPPED FROM A LOCAL HISTORY SITE: Erie is a short form of the Iroquian word "Erielhonan" meaning literally "long tail"" and referring to the panther (cougar or mountain lion). Hence their French name was Nation du Chat (cat nation). Their other Iroquoian names - Awenrehronon and Rhilerrhonon (Rhierrhonon) - carry the same meaning, although the Huron muddied the situation by using Yenresh (panther people) for both the Erie and Neutrals. Other names which seem to have been used for the Erie were: Atirhagenret, Chat (French), Gaquagaono, Kahqua (Kahkwa) (Seneca), Rhagenratka, and Black Mingua (Dutch).

Rhagenratka sounds cool to me (rat) but Erielhonan could work too. If someone would come up to me and know that... They would get a beer!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good ideas so far. I too find real names more cooler/creepier than descriptive stuff and if that were mine I would incorporate names of relatives. IE My Grandmother's first and middle name is Charlotte Mae...

Another options is some local significance. I live in Erie County Ohio and the name comes from the Native Indians that settled here. SNIPPED FROM A LOCAL HISTORY SITE: Erie is a short form of the Iroquian word "Erielhonan" meaning literally "long tail"" and referring to the panther (cougar or mountain lion). Hence their French name was Nation du Chat (cat nation). Their other Iroquoian names - Awenrehronon and Rhilerrhonon (Rhierrhonon) - carry the same meaning, although the Huron muddied the situation by using Yenresh (panther people) for both the Erie and Neutrals. Other names which seem to have been used for the Erie were: Atirhagenret, Chat (French), Gaquagaono, Kahqua (Kahkwa) (Seneca), Rhagenratka, and Black Mingua (Dutch).

Rhagenratka sounds cool to me (rat) but Erielhonan could work too. If someone would come up to me and know that... They would get a beer!
That's an interesting idea - sort of funny because I'm in the middle of the desert in Phoenix ...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Skeleton pirate ship? Hmm...how about The Black Pearl? 😉 or would Disney sue you 🤔😂
Actually trying to be specifically NOT Disney! I've even explicitly left out the movie soundtrack from my audio. Not that I'm hating on Johnny Depp or anything, just want to be different.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts