Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Never thought about that being a problem before. Good idea.

I'll be having a no candy sign. But to be clear mine will be following the words "No costume = "

Makes you wonder though, are the police/whoever's duty it is, going to have the time and resources to go to every single offender's house on the night and check they're doing what they should be. Especially the police, their time is really tied up halloween night.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They ARE out there, these freaks. And closer than you might think.

Many years ago my family was at a Track Meet. Hundreds of kids, aged from 9 to 17, all assembled in a stadium for two days of competition in various events. I left the stands and went to the parking lot to fetch our Cooler. I noticed a cop, a young guy, walking between the rows of parked cars writing in a note pad. Carrying the Cooler on my way back to the stadium I asked the cop what was up. He said he was recording License Plates to check for sex offenders. They are supposed to avoid areas and events where children congregate. I asked him if they ever catch any. His answer - "Remember that big Track Meet in Richmond two weeks ago? We caught seven of them." Scary, folks. We had two kids, 10 and 9 at the time in Track & Field. Apparently these weirdo's are attracted to Track Meets and Swim Meets. And they're not sports fans.

Sad to say, Hallowe'en Night could be a bonanza for them.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
It's a shame that people have to worry about things like that. Offenders may have 'no candy' signs but unless they're on house arrest nothing will be able to stop them from going out and enjoying the festivities in their own twisted way.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a lighter, but related note, Michael Jackson was spotted today at K-Mart. Apparently he'd heard that boys' pants were half-off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts