Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hasn’t rained in over a month here..... now this......on the Saturday everything is scheduled to go outside. Good Grief.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Two weeks ago I set out my yard decorations, it hadn't rained here in weeks. Of course the rain started that night and continued for 5 days, some wind but nothing like what this subtropical storm could bring. We are supposed to get some rain from it on Saturday in the Tampa Bay area. I hope it moves through fast so you have some good weather on Sunday.

·
Registered
666 Posts
After enough years of Halloween decorating, one develops a fatalistic attitude. If mother nature doesn't want you to have a full Halloween setup on Halloween night, you won't. There is always next year, and as you get older, a year is not a terribly long period of time.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Restless while a year is not a terribly long period of time as you get older (is that because time seems to go by faster?), it does get harder to set up. Whether it be not climbing ladders, having the same stamina as you use to or what, it does get harder. And the realization begins to set in your years doing this might be very different and numbered eventually.

I always joke with my husband that with all the themes I want to do I hope I live long enough. But I’m serious. Sure would be nice if we all have good weather. Hopefully the bad stuff now is just getting it out of the way.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That's the same graphic they're using on our local news, so I'm assuming you're a fellow Floridian. From the long range forecast today, it appears that most of the wet weather may depart by Saturday the 26th. That's a bit closer than I'd hoped for, but I'll take it. Still gives me about a week to have everything set and ready for the 31st. 🦇

1 - 8 of 8 Posts