Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tormentor of Cucurbits
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening fellow creatures of the night,
I hail from a small town along the banks of the Ohio River called Jeffersonville in Southern Indiana. I live down a long lane with no outlet along with one other neighbor. Our homes sit around four hundred feet from the street and are somewhat hidden from view by the homes on the main road. For years neither of us had any Trick or Treaters other than his children at my house and my child at his, which was bothersome for someone who grew up loving Halloween as much as I did. Three years ago I decided I had to do something about it. I built a toe pincher coffin and set up a small grave yard along the lane and much to my glee (and my Wife's surprise) we had around a dozen beggars. I knew then what I had to do......... The next year I bought a fogger, built a fog chiller and added more tombstones. Last year I built a crank ghost and boarded up the windows, and it must be contagious because my neighbor has even gotten involved. We had better than sixty kids wander down the lane last Halloween. My Wife thinks maybe I'm getting a little out of hand, but I've got bad news for her...... I'm just getting started........

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
...And so it begins.

Welcome to your new addiction.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Welcome, PB, this is the place to be!

Your TOT numbers will climb, quite possibly in an exponential manner. When we first started our numbers were 45 first year, then 100, 100 (heavy rain that year), 350, 700, then 1,400 over two nights thereafter. We had TV crews go through, plus local radio and newspaper coverage. It's like a lot of things in Life; you get out of it what you put into it...

·
Registered
320 Posts
it always starts so INNOCENTLY, doesn't it???
The next thing you know, you have your own private semi circus going and you wouldn't have it any other way.
Welcome to the brotherhood.

·
Tormentor of Cucurbits
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Bethene, obsession is a term my Bride has been throwing around lately. Unfortunately I don't have many pics because of a computer crash around the first of the year. I did learn a lesson....... Burn a disc stupid! I'll dig up what I can soon....

Barron, I think I'll sidestep the treatment program, I like this addiction.....

Wolfman, 1,400???? Wow! Do you buy your candy directly from the factory? Sounds like you really pour your heart and soul into it. Something I can aspire to.....

Uncletor, innocence gives way to corruption....... I've always wanted to belong to a brotherhood......

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
that is so awesome. i started my first year having about 50 kids. by my 5th year i was having 250 kids, [not bad for a town of 800 people]. after my 5th year we sold the place and my haunt was moved. 25 kids showed up in the new location, but i heard the old place had non stop kids knocking and wanting to know where i had gone. i built up in the new place and then we moved to a different town of 400 people. my first year we had 25 people, 50 people my second year, and last year we had 75. mmmaaaahhhh, the fun has just begun. welcome aboard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts