Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Just snapped up the last three. Unless something is wrong (and it looks legit based on the feedback) it's a smoking (no pun intended) deal. These are just what I needed since all my other fog machines died.

I guess I better get moving on my building my Vortex style fog chillers!

My wife is not pleased!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've bought 2 fog machines from dealhoppers on ebay. I think I paid $105 with free ship from them for the same machine. I recommend them if you can't get one from this seller. $99 with free ship is the best deal i've seen lately.

Tim

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
Well, I received the fog machines today and all I can say is.... :D

They are brand new in sealed boxes. They were shipped in the plain cardboard outer boxes and are in perfect shape. This is definitely a seller to keep an eye on. Awesome deal.

This fog machine is a step above anything I've ever had. It puts even my (currently broken) VEI machines to shame. Excellent construction and materials plus great features. Everything from the thick dip tubing (not the cheap stuff) to the brass foamed metal filter is top notch.

I did find this place selling what looks to be an identical unit for a good price...

127: Fog Machines, Haze Machines & Fluid

Look at item 127-FOG-M1.

Thanks again for the tip!

·
Banned
535 Posts
You do know Chauvet has a M.A.P minimum accepted price and wont let sale lower then the price they have stated. If that price isnt right you can bet those auctions wont be up for much longer his supplier will be forced to stop doing business with him. I think they try and keep it a level playing field for all the resellers which is a good thing but....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm glad I got one before you got em all. I don't think the cheaplights.c0m item is the same although I admit it looks identical. But their description says 7000 cf/min, where the Chauvet 1250 is said to put out 10000 cf/min.
Chauvet

·
Registered
121 Posts
You do know Chauvet has a M.A.P minimum accepted price and wont let sale lower then the price they have stated. If that price isnt right you can bet those auctions wont be up for much longer his supplier will be forced to stop doing business with him. I think they try and keep it a level playing field for all the resellers which is a good thing but....

While I agree in principle, I bought a fogger (chauvet 1700) from dealhoppers last year at some insanely low price, and they're still selling.

Not to say it can't happen, but...

Tim

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
One caveat - if you have a problem with the fogger and try to get warranty repairs through Chauvet, they will honor the warranty only if the seller is an authorized dealer. Another haunter recently bought a 1250 on Ebay - the fogger was DOA. She contacted Chauvet for repair and found that the seller was not authorized, so no warranty coverage.
That said, I own a 1250 fogger and love it. Use Froggy's Swamp Juice with it, you'll get great fog.

·
Registered
141 Posts
True, DOA would be a problem. Otherwise Chauvet's 1-yr warranty is basically a 1-day warranty for most of us haunters.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One caveat - if you have a problem with the fogger and try to get warranty repairs through Chauvet, they will honor the warranty only if the seller is an authorized dealer. Another haunter recently bought a 1250 on Ebay - the fogger was DOA. She contacted Chauvet for repair and found that the seller was not authorized, so no warranty coverage.
That said, I own a 1250 fogger and love it. Use Froggy's Swamp Juice with it, you'll get great fog.
This happen to me last week. I purchased a NIB 1700 for $188 plus $18 shipping. It arrived DOA. It looked a little used. The tank had fog residue and the outer casing had smudged painted areas. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it was a reconditioned or second quality unit.
The seller wanted me to exchange it through Chauvet but the warranty was void. The seller then wanted me to exchange it through an authorized Chauvet dealer. I had to file a paypal claim.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
I bought 2 from ebay, one was DOA and they shipped me a replacement before they had the DOA unit in hand.

And I agree, the 1250 frikkin' rocks, makes me wonder how much a 1700 puts out?
I love the built in timer. I might just pull them out and play even though I'm not setting up!

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
I have used whatever juice I could find and cannot tell a difference. I have bought the good stuff online to meet minimum order amounts and bought cheap crap from kmart. Same results.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts