Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
I went pro this last season so I just did all of this. If you are willing to work on your haunt 40 to 60 hours a week until October you will be able to open this year.
You can only get answers to code and fire marshall questions from the city/county and the FM for your district. On the state fire marshalls website there is a down load as to the standard requirements. (I'm in Nebraska too)
You also need to speak to a lawyer asap. To establish an LLC, get waiver/consent forms for actors drawn up etc.
I agree with doto, once I moved from home haunter to pro haunter, many of my props were no longer up to the standard people expect from a pro haunt. If people are paying they expect to really get scared, my dancing pirate didn't cut it. :)
One last thought, if you love to be in costume and can't imagine not doing that, don't go pro. You can't manage dozens of actors, several thousand square feet, and hundreds of customers while being a character in costume. Someone told me that 2 years ago and it gave me pause but I knew I loved this stuff! :)
I hope this helps, and GO BIG RED!!
Jan/Grey Lady

· Registered
237 Posts
Found the fire marshal pdf. http://www.sfm.ne.gov/publications/pdf/hauntedHouse.pdf
I remembered something really important that you mentioned in your 1st post, in Nebraska, you don't need fire extinguishers as you are required to have a professionally installed sprinkler system and fire alarm system. This is true of most states.
If I can be of any help let me know,
Jan

· Registered
237 Posts
We are in Holdrege, south central, near Kearney.
Grey House Haunts, Is the name and we opened this past October. I have never worked so hard in my life but I have also never had anything so rewarding, it's wicked fun!!
I am truly willing to help if I can, we're too far apart to be competitors! :)
Jan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.